Idleing Rough With A/c Or Defrost On

rojo_143

I have only noticed it this last week I have had my tune for probably a month or so now. I usually don't have my a/c on I just roll down my windows. But in this case i was stuck in traffic and my wife is nine months pregnant so i turned on the A/C. It was blowing hot air and then it would almost stall when the compressor kicked on. It does the same thing when i use the heat (it is starting to a get alittle cold in the mornings here in maine). It does it in both park and in gear at an idle.

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

Hey Guys,

Did it start this immediately after the PCM installation? Notice it in gear or park?

Justin

Not for me, seemed like once the LTFTs were established it started doing it... Specifically I see about a 60rpm drop when the compressor kicks on, followed by a shudder and an 80rpm surge as the engine recovers. It seems to happen in a pretty regular cycle of about 2 times every 30 seconds. I can only imagine that the compressor is kicking off because of the rpm drop and then coming back on as the engine recovers.

I haven't looked at it with the scanner yet, I wasn't really concerned about it. I grab some logged data and take a look and see if I can find it in the numbers.

• 12 years later...