Homemade Turbo Ideas...

Hi All,

I am personally a pro turbo guy over the Supercharger idea but that is just me. I think that this system is a very good idea so far. The location of the turbo is conducive to lower running temperatures therefore no problems with oil carbonizing inside the turbo. less heat in general, oil is cooled as it passes through the oil line to the rear. the filter is continuously in cool air stream. they have done tests for water injestion and there is no issue unless you sink the car up to the axles. With regards to the lag concern the turbo is constantly feeding the engine with above atmospheric pressure even when not on boost fully and when it comes on to boost the lag will be indiferent there is allways lag and there is no real way to get out of it. Now the turbo system is a better provider of boost than the supercharger for 1 it uses waste gasses to provide more power therefore no parasitic drag. It produces full boost at lower rpm's where as a supercharger only provides full boost at full power ie WOT with a turbo you are at full boost at lets say 3500 rpm to WOT. and the reason for the position they choose to locate it in is for 1 it replaces the muffler and the muffler is not an emission controlled device therefore it helps with smog approval Smart huh.

I will be seriously looking into one of these kits for a future mod might eat a few SC systems while we are at it... Just Kidding Guys Have a great Day :seeya:

As with regard to warranty issues the company is in dealings i think with an insurance company that will cover the warrantable parts should anything go pop. This will be covered in the purchase price of the kit awsome news

As with anything how long is a piece of string that is a question no one here can answer. I would like to think it will do for as long as I own the truck and then its not my problem we will see when I get one on my truck ;)

Later

ssblackss

Archived