Steering Wheel Controls...

SSminneapolis

yesterday i ordered the PAC unit (SWI-X) that allows the factory steering wheels controls to be used while using an aftermarket head unit.

i received the part(s) today and am planning on installing this weekend. i will make sure to take step by step pics of the install for everyone. should have everything ready by sunday.

wish me luck guys....

Slim, how is your paint on your buttons already peeling off?

It's happening to mine too, at only 5400mi. I posted on this in General about 10 days ago. :sigh:

Should be no problem getting replaced under warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

The SWIX is a pretty good piece. It is an IR repeater so it will not work quite as well as the factory does since that is a direct link. An IR repeater will vary on how well it works depending on location of the eyepiece and the location of things around it, including where you put your arms. I have had quite a bit experience with these pieces working at Sound Advice in Florida. If you have any questions regarding them, let me know.

Take a sheet of high quality clear laminating material , make a template of the desired buttons to cover, trace them onto the laminating material, cut them out and clean the buttons to be covered with alcohol, let them dry and stick on the protective covers. No more flaking paint! :D

Archived