My 6.2l L92 Swap

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guy on Performance trucks with a crew cab Denali with the lower hp version of the 6.2L runing high 13's with a 3.42 gear and if I recall correctly only a CAI, cat back exhaust, and programming. If your nitrous pressure is down to around 800 you might want to check the bottle heater. I wouldn't even want to run it that low. Try to keep it at 900psi or higher when possible. You should be able to run 22-24º of timing on a 125 shot if you get some good 93 octane and 26º or so if you run 100 octane. Something to consider if you are running Comp 918 springs is to dial back the knock sensor sensitivity as the valve springs tend to cause enough noise to have the knock sensors pick up faulse knock from them. A normal SSS is around 5300lbs. The stock L92 exhaust manifolds are a pretty decent piece, but you will show a big gain in going to headers. Keep in mind I'm not knocking on your truck at all. I think it's bad ass. I just feel that you have alot left on the table and should be close to the time you ran on the nitrous at this point without the nitrous. That 6.2L with a cam and converter in an SSS should be in the low 13's to high 12's by itself. It is one BMF.

BTW, how much timing are you running without the nitrous?

Thanks, Ya i hope their is more in their. I have patriot gold doubble springs w/ titainum retainers. I have the stock 6.0 manifolds on it. 4:10 in the drive train. I just got my bottle heater today. I was having a lot of phantom knock. I added .005 to the knock sensors ( corvette table ) That made a big difference. I am running 22 degree on motor. tryed around 25 and had knock. so i pulled out till it went away. I am running 93 octane and some octane booster. One pro i am still having is misfires at idle or at least the pcm thinks it is. I had to turn off misfie reporting. I am running a 24x reluctor wheel and ls1 knock sensors in side of block.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: The numbers are in!!! On all motor it runs 13.75 @ 97.36 with 1.97 60 FTS. Not bad for moving a lead brick :) Now on the spray it ran: 12.25 @109.01 with 1.734 60 FTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :omg::drool: It jumped side to side off the line trying to get traction. It was a wild ride. It is officialy the fastest 4 wheeled vehicle i have had!! I would love to see a 11.99 but i am afraid to push the stock pistons any harder. The shot may be at a 190. I am using a .065 N2O and .034 fuel in a fogger 2 nosel. All in all i am VERY happy with my truck!! :thumbs: I have a 12.4 run on video. It will be up on youtube soon and i will get a link on here. The line jump, i here, looks wild!

I am getting at the point where i am starting to break traction. I have had 1.70 60 fts. That run the track was cold and was rough off the line. I am stalling it up on the line up to 2500. I am also running through the stock headers and cat's!! I have got my E.T. up on the board. I am #7 and I will be going for #5 with headers and high flow cats! :devil: