My 6.2l L92 Swap

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! On the persion converter it is built black just for RPM Transmissions. Mine was the first black one. The rest have the name and 800 # for RPM engraved in it. Its stock bore 376 ci. Its getting closer. Just getting my WOT - A/F ratio right and other bugs i need to fix. Plus, I need to install my NOS kit. I got 2 weeks to be at peek performance. RPM is putting on a track day at Muncie, IN Dragway. It should be fun.

Not bad. It was perfect in my 1500. I think this truck is alot more!! Ill know when i get a good tuner on it. I dont have enough exp. Going to see a tuner tus night. I actualy think i need to go to a 3600 stall. Does your truck Bogg off the line then come on strong? If so u would want a converter thet stalls up to where u start making power. Also, If u lock-up ur converter at WOT u will want to get a milti-disc. 3 or 5 disc.

it seems real slow @ 1900-2100rpm. the exhaust note is loud but not moving much?? I was looking at a 3200 that the guy said would stall @ 3600 with the weight of the SSS, I think thats too high for a heavy truck...so I am going to see if he'll restall it a bit lower.

are you running the livernois stage one cam?

Its a Comp Cam 224/230 581in/591ex LSA 114. Most converters will stall up according to engine power. My 3200 stalls up to around 2900 to 3100. It pulls off the line like a rocket!!!! My 1500 4x4 cut 1.9 60 fts!! My tune is on the money!!! :omg: The beast is unleashed!!! It is about maxing out the LS2 injectors and the stock fuel pump. Thats just the engine with no spray. Its up in the 500 HP range. Ill have an E.T.

tomarrow night on all motor no spray. Those will be next week. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you must have some more tuning work to do. Not knocking on your truck, I think it's killer. With your stall, a 6.2L, and the cam I would have expected. 11's on a 125 shot and high 12's to bottom low 13's on the engine alone. How much timing are you running and have you ran it on a wideband?

I am still on stock headers and cats with a Magnaflow exhaust. It is choking it down a little. I am at 22 degrees adv on spray. I did get a little knock on the sensors. It pulled 1.5 degrees out so i need to pull a little timing out a little. My A/F ratio is at 12.7 to 12.5 at WOT. On the spray it got to 11.4 to 10.7 55 n2o jet and 31 fuel @ 60 psi and 800 psi in the bottle. I plan to get on a dyno when i get good exhaust. I had this engine in that 1500 with a smaller cam and it did 13.6 motor only. It feels like trying to move a tank!! This truck is heavy. Any one know what the weight of this truck is?