***EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!***

Well I went and got my bed Line-X'ed and Snug Top SL lid installed today. When I got my truck back I was shocked!!!! :eek: Can any of you tell me what is wrong with these pics????

46857177.jpg

46857164.jpg

46857191.jpg

46857139.jpg

Thats right!!!!! I got to keep my stock tailgate cap!!!! :thumbs: When the guy brought it out and lifted it up, I almost shit my pants!!! Having to remove the stock tailgate cap was my biggest bitch about these available tonneau covers. I didn't want to remove it and with this lid I didn't have to! I was so happy, I went to the liquor store and bought all of them three 12 packs of Miller light, Bud Light, and Coors light.

In this pic, you can see that it fits almost perfectly with the cap.

46857148.jpg

So for all of you that had the same concern as I did, the Snug Top SL tonneau cover is the way to go. :cheers:

Some of the nice things about this lid are:

Carpeted under the lid

One KEY (not 2 barrel locks) opening in the middle of the lid

When you shut it, it automatically locks, no need to lock it with key

Remote available to open it

And best of all, works with the stock tailgate cap

Go HERE for more on it!

Late- Alex

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:flag: r8rs4lf THANK YOU :cheers:

I've been going round for round :puke: about this, now its Snug Lid for the kid :thumbs:

Seven :chevy:

No problem!!!

I was too, going around and around about this, trying to decide which tonneau cover to buy. I finally said, to hell with it, I guess I'll just have to remove the cap if I want to cover my bed. Also, I don't think that Snug Top did anything special for our trucks as far as the tonneau cover goes. I just think that the guy who installed it wanted to see if it would fit with it and it did, basically he stumbled upon it. I'm pretty sure that there are a few people here that have the SL lid, but with all of the talk going around that the cap has to be removed, they just removed it before checking to see if it would actually work. I'm just happy that I got to keep the cap and pass along some very usefull information to everyone here who needs it and also put this "The cap has to be removed if you want to install a tonneau cover" to rest!!!! Some people may not care about the cap, but it is one of the many things that distinguish our trucks from the rest and make the SS what it is.

Late- Alex

Hey Alex,

Could you post a part number? I just got off the phone with my local Snug top dealer :rolleyes: and he gave me the classic Your spoiler will need to be removed BS :fume:

Would you mind if I used your pics for an example?

TIA

Hey Alex,

Could you post a part number? I just got off the phone with my local Snug top dealer :rolleyes: and he gave me the classic Your spoiler will need to be removed BS :fume:

Would you mind if I used your pics for an example?

TIA

A04C9XS041SLC

That is the item number on my reciept and if your truck is black, the color number is 41.

Do what you got to do to get this top. If you want to use the pic, go ahead!!!!

Late- Alex

That is the problem with these dealers selling these covers. The general concensus is that they will not fit just by looking at it so they just remove the cap even before they try to see if it fits. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure this dealer STUMBLED upon this, I don't think they knew it would fit right off the bat. Anyhow, I'm glad that this happened and now we can all benefit from this right???????

Late- Alex

Hey Alex,

Did you go with the Snu Grip?

I couldn't tell from the pics :confused:

I don't even know if thats an option. The one that I have has a bolt on rail system that requires no drilling into the bed. I would think that it is standard on the SL lid cause that is their top of the line cover.

Here is a quote from their site:

"Available options include Snugtop’s patented SnugGrip clamp-on mounting system that eliminates the need to drill holes in the bed, as well as the SL Series with its unique (patent pending) swing-open hinge mechanism that works much like a hood and has a rotary slam latch."

Maybe to help you out, I will be taking more pics of it this weekend after I get it washed cause it's filthy right now!

Late- Alex

Archived