Need Ss Conversion!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LIVE NEAR LA, CALIFORNIA. I WANT THE SS CONVERSION...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET IT? :chevy:

IF SO PLS LET ME KNOW.

WHAT IS THE AVG PRICE ON THE CONVERSION?

I DONT WANT TO GET ****ED!

PLS GET BACK AT ME THANX!!! :cheers:

:confused: What are you looking for? You want to make your truck a clone?

i have a few pieces left from my project but do you have a extended cab or reguler cab?

as far as price im well into 1700 bucks without paint or bumpers

i got a set of SS wheels+ all the cladding...

IMO don't even bother - you can find good used SSS trucks for under $15K, it's a buyer's market right now and I would sell and trade to a SSS. By the time you pay for the cladding, *if* you can find it all, then you need to spend $$$ getting it fit and installed and painted etc etc etc. You'll easily have anywhere from $2500 to $5000 depending on whether you do the work yourself or take it to a body shop... Of course this assumes you have a extended-cab, if you are kitting-up a single cab or tahoe/suburban that's a different project and you'll have to scavenge the cladding off a wrecked truck.

Mr. P. :)

ps - sorry did not see your post count, welcome to the forum :cheers:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

WHAT YOU GOTTA DO IS A MULTI-STEP PROCESS

1 NUMA ONE. turn caps off and use punctuation....its freaking annoying.

2. Your best bet is to walk into a dealership and get a SS.

3. However if you want to convert your truck get ready. The SS has body moldings that adhere to the side of the entire truck. The SS sticks out a bit on the sides. For your truck you will have to fab a few pieces aside from the brackets and other things. These pieces if acquired by GM are expensive however sometimes it can be found round here or on ebay. The badges alone are pricey.....

If you are thinking about a clone theres alot here as far as info. Use the search function and type in "clone" and other terms. Zippy wrote a whole thread with every part number down to the nuts and bolts.

Good luck to you and welcome to the Forum.

Okay, well does this make you a little bit happier? No more CAPS and ill use punctuation just for you! haha

ok well yea i jus got the truck its a little lifted but i want to put it back to stock, and yes i want to "clone" i guess is the correct term for what i want to do.

Other than that i will try the clone area!

THANX TO ALL!!!

:)

Okay, well does this make you a little bit happier? No more CAPS and ill use punctuation just for you! haha

ok well yea i jus got the truck its a little lifted but i want to put it back to stock, and yes i want to "clone" i guess is the correct term for what i want to do.

Other than that i will try the clone area!

THANX TO ALL!!!

:)

i got two pieces you might be interested in for your conversion i got rear doors for the extended cab you can use to fab up the kit.

It depends how serious you want to get with the cladding; you can get a re-pop SS-style front bumper from Stylin Concepts that does not stick out as far from the fender as the OEM front bumper, it looks ok on a truck without the side cladding and you can finish the rear with a Sir Michaels roll pan. But if you want the cladding on the side as well then get the OEM SS front bumper, and check out all the posts from supersub, he did this to a Suburban and I believe the fab will be very similar. It would look cool as hell...

Mr. P. :)