2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why come out with that when they already have the Denali truck out with only 20hp less????????  I'd take an SS over that anyday......my $.02

Because this truck should be considerable less $$$ than the AWD, Quadrasteer, Loaded, Denali.

Does this make sense? Not everyone needs AWD and AWS. The AWS option is around $4,000.00 as a stand alone option on the Silverados and the AWD is Probably $2,000 to $3,000. I would think this truck should sticker somewhere around $6-7,000.00 less than a comparably equipped Denali. If this truck can be ordered without leather, Bose, XM, Onstar, 6 Disc, Etc, the price should be even lower!!!

How about a "Texas Worktruck" with crank windows and no AC?

It would be cool to be able to order a "Stripper" truck and add the Texas package only. Like the Roadrunners of the 60's.

I think it would be faster than the SS. 345hp/400tq at the crank (same as SS), and less weight/power ratio. 2 wheels pulling won't be breaking loose very easily.. If you just want to stomp it, traction bars are only couple hundred bucks..

I put 350/415 to the ground with 2 wheels and can stomp it pretty good with traction bars on the street without wheel spin. At the track, I can stomp the shiznit out of it and won't break them loose.

So, personally I don't believe this truck will have traction issues stock or with average bolt ons.. With a blower and some other heavy mods traction bars and drag radials should do the trick if your a street racer.. If your a track creature you already know slicks are gonna take real good care of ya :)

i'd guess a 14.6 stock.

So you think it will be faster than the ss?

no doubt it will be. it should be about 500lbs less and have well more hp to the wheels.

500 lbs? The awd makes it that much heavier?

stock for stock the texas truck should hook up just fine and quite easily handle the ss. with two of them having mods such as yours it'd be a toss up and driver would have alot to do with it then with the texas truck having to chase the ss down. sticky tires and suspension mods can change that quick though.

Archived