Tbss Intake Swap: How To

mean05

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooooo jealous! post pics asap...gotta see that man!

i have a couple of pics of the install i will finish tonight, needed a tap so i just called it quites last night...shouldnt take to long to finish today

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

What was done with the PCV line? I saw in another forum where someone drilled into the intake tube and placed a line. I have also heard the suggestion of running a breather filter if you don't want to drill into the intake tube. What was done on this swap? I am leaning more towards the breather filter route.

• 3 months later...

Do I need to have a retune in order to run this immediately after install or can I wait until I install the long tubes? I know the performance gains are much better after a tune but will I have idle issues after installing the 90mm TB and x-link without a tune?

Do I need to have a retune in order to run this immediately after install or can I wait until I install the long tubes? I know the performance gains are much better after a tune but will I have idle issues after installing the 90mm TB and x-link without a tune?

You should be fine to drive here and there with it. But don't go WOT because the injectors need to be calibrated. It's a nice swap if done right (90mm ls3 throttle body, 40lb+ injectors). Once you get the retune it will feel a lot better when you nail it at any speed.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using a modified stock fuel rail (return style) and stock injectors so I don't think a tune is absolutely necessary. But I'm sure there's a big difference with a tune.

I'm using a modified stock fuel rail (return style) and stock injectors so I don't think a tune is absolutely necessary. But I'm sure there's a big difference with a tune.

Your PCM still has the factory map on it? You don't absolutely need a tune if your running the stock injectors, but you would definitely benefit overall from a tune. Your missing out on a big improvement.