Mail Order Tuning

zippy

I am breaking my own rules here to post mail order info in this section. Important things to know about it.

Info needed when requesting tuning from any tuner:

VIN:

Year:

Make:

Model:

Engine:

Transmission:

Gear Ratio:

MODIFICATIONS:

Cold air intake: (yes or no is fine)

Exhaust: (from cat back or where the cats used to be, description or brand will do)

Cats: (High flow aftermarket, stock, or none)

Headers: (brand and type)

Camshaft: (specs or brand and part number preferred)

MAF Sensor: (stock, descreened, or aftermarket)

Thermostat: (stock or what temp)

Wires: (stock or other)

Torque Converter: (brand and advertised stall speed)

Shift Kit: (brand and type)

Servo's: (brand and type

Spark Plugs: (brand and part number)

Other:

If you have a PCM sent to you you'll want to have a crankshaft variation learn performed. This is not a required thing to have done, but recomended. You will on the other hand have to perform a security learn. This will take just over 30 minutes. The steps for this are:

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.

Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.

With a scan tool, clear any DTCs, if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

I'll try to add to this as I go. As for posting, remember that mail order tuning questions can go in this post or in the bolt on section. They do not belong in the PCM Tuning section. Feel free to ask mail order tuning questions in this post though.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I WANT A CUSTOM TUNE BUT HERE IS MY SITUATION, JUST PUT LONG TUBES ON AND I HAVE CHECK ENGINE ISSUES WITH HIGH FLOW CATS, THE ONLY WAY I KNOW IS TO DELET THEM FROM PCM, WELL SHORTLY I WILL BE DOING MORE UPGRADES, TRANSGO-HD2 SERVOS, STALL, E-FANS, AND NEXT YEAR MAGGIE. WILL I BE ABLE TO RETUNE AS I GET THESE MODS IN? SORRY IF THIS IS DUMB QUESTION IVE NEVRE HAD A CUSTOM TUNE BEFORE. ALSO NEED A LINK TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ZIPPY! THANKS MIKE

• 1 month later...

Ok looking to get a tune for Obx Lts with flowmaster exhaust. pro charger, Hd2 transgo shift kit, with corvette servos, new ngk plugs and taylor wires (maybe down the road e-fans just not right now)looking to get a price money is tight.. thanks for the help and info...

Edited by sick03ssbad70velle (see edit history)

www.ZippyPeformance.com

Most places charge around 300 or so for a mail order pcm if they ship you the pcm. It's cheaper if you ship yours to them.

Note: No damn caps. Keep it up and you'll be getting some time off. I'm tired of that.

• 1 month later...

Ok im wondering will a mail order tune (probably from zippy when I decide to get it) void my warranty?

I have a diablo handheld and want to get rid of it and get a real tune, but I still have a gmpp extended warranty and 100,000mi factory powertrain warranty. I do not want to void these. Any info would be helpful cause i really have no idea. :dunno:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I am breaking my own rules here to post mail order info in this section. Important things to know about it.

Info needed when requesting tuning from any tuner:

VIN:

Year:

Make:

Model:

Engine:

Transmission:

Gear Ratio:

MODIFICATIONS:

Cold air intake: (yes or no is fine)

Exhaust: (from cat back or where the cats used to be, description or brand will do)

Cats: (High flow aftermarket, stock, or none)

Headers: (brand and type)

Camshaft: (specs or brand and part number preferred)

MAF Sensor: (stock, descreened, or aftermarket)

Thermostat: (stock or what temp)

Wires: (stock or other)

Torque Converter: (brand and advertised stall speed)

Shift Kit: (brand and type)

Servo's: (brand and type

Spark Plugs: (brand and part number)

Other:

If you have a PCM sent to you you'll want to have a crankshaft variation learn performed. This is not a required thing to have done, but recomended. You will on the other hand have to perform a security learn. This will take just over 30 minutes. The steps for this are:

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.

Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.

With a scan tool, clear any DTCs, if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

I'll try to add to this as I go. As for posting, remember that mail order tuning questions can go in this post or in the bolt on section. They do not belong in the PCM Tuning section. Feel free to ask mail order tuning questions in this post though.

Were can i get the crankshaft variation learn at?