Tail Light Tinting

SSPOSSE

the great thing about this site is that someone always has a better way, a faster truck, a louder stereo, a better interior, or phatter brakes. but you know what? its yours, it looks GREAT and you enjoy it. thats ALL that matters in the end. Keep up the great work man, its coming along nicely!!

Also, who cares who you pi$$ off. dont worry bout what others think, shoot some people hate my truck, but i look at it as jealousy. its mine and i love driving it everyday even if it means pi$$ing others off!

:pepsicheer:

:withstupid: Well put Chris! On my tails I have a pair of "cheap" covers, I wanted to get painted tails, but I don't want to get pulled over for them.......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh by the way i love that rail and tailgate cover, is that the street scences set,, and can you run with a roll up cover on there with that wing ?? truck looks good.. what rol pan is that

man i was affaid you would take me wrong. i had no intentions of any hostility your tails look good plus there are many ways of doing it. yes thats street scenes spoiler it looks simular to the intimidator wing i guess and is a sir micheals roll pan

:withstupid: Couldn't have said it any better Chris!

Rich your write up was good, but sprayed99 there is no need to run in here slinging your business when someone is doing something himself. I prefer the pride of doing something myself & even if I mess it up, it'll be better the next time. I myself will be doing my tail lights very soon with the same method & since my truck is garaged all the time & only comes out to play every so often.... Paint don't fade much sitting in the garage right Rich!!!

Sprayed99 that's just fine & dandy buying all new shit, you want a cookie!!! Some people have the luxury of dropping that kind of cash, but I'll take my $50 scratched up stock tails over $100+ for a new set anyday. It's the mentality of people who think they are better than others that just gets my fire burning!!! I work a hell of a lot of overtime to just be able to afford this truck & the few minor things I get to do to it, so I hope you feel better living on top of the world while the rest of us are struggling to make it!!!

Sorry to rant on, but this was totally not necessary, maybe i took it the wrong way, but I don't think so.

wow wtf dude sprayed99 wsnt at all slinging his business looks more like he offered a useful tip in useing automotive paint rather than rattle cans. He wasnt rude at all. I dont understand your attack here on him he not acting better than any one. your out of line man and it is your snide comments that are unnecessary

Hey man I wasn't trying to be an ass....If you have a problem pm me or call me 214-853-1022. I have had my fair share of hard times in the last few years...what I meant by my last comment was I'M A PICKY BASTARD!. I save up to do things to my TBSS. Anyone that truly knows me here knows I work hard and have to save to have play money just like 95% of us here. I'm not trying to sling my business around here and have even told other members how to paint their lights the same way I do it because they wanted to know. I apologize to anyone I may have offended here. I also think you need to rethink your post and apologize to me.

Thanks

Danny

Also look above I never offered my work to anyone or promoted it in anyway.

Ok well in that case I will apoligize, I may have been a little out of line, but I just don't understand why you would suggest something like that when someone does a write up of their own? Really if he wanted to know about tinting the tails with automotive paint wouldn't we have asked you? I know you do great work & have nothing against you what so ever, I just didn't see why doing the tails a different way needed to be brought up is all.

So Danny If I offended you at all I'm sorry

Ok well in that case I will apoligize, I may have been a little out of line, but I just don't understand why you would suggest something like that when someone does a write up of their own? Really if he wanted to know about tinting the tails with automotive paint wouldn't we have asked you? I know you do great work & have nothing against you what so ever, I just didn't see why doing the tails a different way needed to be brought up is all.

So Danny If I offended you at all I'm sorry

its in the how to section and I want all the members that read this to also understand the downside to painting them with the VHT night shades. I know this happens because Mr.P did his a while back with the VHT and I had to sand all that stuff off and shoot them.

Hey man, I appreciate the write up because it was very helpful for me because I have never done anything like this. I have done some body work and painting, but never any taillights. I tried spraying my third brake light but I did something wrong. I thinned down the paint and tried shooting it but it started seperating or something, it looks like a jagged checker board. Did I try to paint it too fast or did I thin the paint down too much. I didn't clear it yet because of the mess up, and any help will be greatly appreciated. I thought I would use paint because it matched my truck perfectly and I already had it. Thanks for the info.

holly smokes !! i work nights, so i got off this am (wed) and read some emails checked the forum, then went home and went to bed for the day.. get up around 7, eat go to work and read all the stuff that went on today.. WOW, was not expecting this much response.. not mad at no one, was frustrated maybe when i written a few comments from work.. but all and all we are driving the best damn truck out there !!! right guys ??

SS BOYS FOR LIFE !! just like BAD BOYS FOR LIFE !! lolol Man i need a beer for reading all that i missed while i was sleeping..

thats what i thought you had on there for the tailgate and rail covers.. that is the set up i would like to get.. does that work with a roll up cover ?? i know a tono hard shell would not work beacause of the lip on the back and also why spend it if its going to cover the rails with a hard tonno. i have some rail markings from the other owners cover they have and the iam going to spend the money on the rail covers rather than getting anywork on the paint that got marred from the guy before..hell the truck only had 10k when i got it..it has 23k now and still a virgin in a sense.. get crap beacuse i have the lift kit in it (stock hght) anyway, thanks to everybodies response.. we do have the best forum out there and everybody wants to help..

Hey man, I appreciate the write up because it was very helpful for me because I have never done anything like this. I have done some body work and painting, but never any taillights. I tried spraying my third brake light but I did something wrong. I thinned down the paint and tried shooting it but it started seperating or something, it looks like a jagged checker board. Did I try to paint it too fast or did I thin the paint down too much. I didn't clear it yet because of the mess up, and any help will be greatly appreciated. I thought I would use paint because it matched my truck perfectly and I already had it. Thanks for the info.

from my understanding you can just wet sand it down with some 800-1000 grit paper and some hard work and have them ready tp spray again.. any other help here guys ??

holly smokes !! i work nights, so i got off this am (wed) and read some emails checked the forum, then went home and went to bed for the day.. get up around 7, eat go to work and read all the stuff that went on today.. WOW, was not expecting this much response.. not mad at no one, was frustrated maybe when i written a few comments from work.. but all and all we are driving the best damn truck out there !!! right guys ??

SS BOYS FOR LIFE !! just like BAD BOYS FOR LIFE !! lolol Man i need a beer for reading all that i missed while i was sleeping..

thats what i thought you had on there for the tailgate and rail covers.. that is the set up i would like to get.. does that work with a roll up cover ?? i know a tono hard shell would not work beacause of the lip on the back and also why spend it if its going to cover the rails with a hard tonno. i have some rail markings from the other owners cover they have and the iam going to spend the money on the rail covers rather than getting anywork on the paint that got marred from the guy before..hell the truck only had 10k when i got it..it has 23k now and still a virgin in a sense.. get crap beacuse i have the lift kit in it (stock hght) anyway, thanks to everybodies response.. we do have the best forum out there and everybody wants to help..

I have the same set up and I really like it. It looks clean and covers your stake pockets. I'm not sure about the rollup bed cover though, I dont see why it wouldnt work because I think it mounts inside the bedrails. Thanks for the info on my mess up and here is a pic of my wing and caps. :cheers:

post-15019-1212640746_thumb.jpg