Cig Lighter cover

dd0223

I need help. I got two of the covers that go on the power adapter in the back seat and I want to install them on the cig lighter and the power adapter in the front console. How do I remove the console to gain access to the back of the cig lighter area? Is there a way to just remove the module with the cig lighter and the two little cubby holes? I like the power adapter cover that is in the back seat as it is spring loaded and looks better than the flimsy one in the front. I also don't smoke so I don't need the lighter. Help. :confused:

The panel that the lighter and power port is in, POPS straight out. There are three clips holding it in, using the two pockets, just grab and pull. It is tight, but once you get the grey piece out enough to get a finger behind it'll come right out!

The dark grey and the light grey pieces come out TOGETHER! The clips that hold are in the Light grey panel....

:cheers: Thanks everyone. I thought it might just pop out, but I wanted to make sure before I broke anything. I got the parts already, but I got the covers that are on the power port in the back seat. It is spring loaded and looks a little better than the on in the front. Thanks for the information!

COOL. I just discovered the rear lighter and plug cover (spring loaded) and it was easy to pop off the front cover just like you said.

I am going to order 2 of the rear covers and install them on both front lighter outlets. Good idea. It is the details that count.

Thanks,

Rick R

Archived