What Is A Reasonable Price For A Cam Install

depends on where you go but should be between $250-$450

under $500 dollars to have all of this installed? are you sure? dont you have to remove alot of parts to do this properly? i called a shop in my area that is know for doing awesome work on corvettes(my old z06) and they said it would be $3000 and more than half that was labor.

under $500 dollars to have all of this installed? are you sure? dont you have to remove alot of parts to do this properly? i called a shop in my area that is know for doing awesome work on corvettes(my old z06) and they said it would be $3000 and more than half that was labor.

HFSBM ! ! ! ! !

HFSBM ! ! ! ! !

i dont know what that means but the $3000 dollars price was for all parts and the labor and he told me that more than half that price was the labor because its so involved and you have to remove alot of things to do this

i dont know what that means but the $3000 dollars price was for all parts and the labor and he told me that more than half that price was the labor because its so involved and you have to remove alot of things to do this

still not worth 3000 dollars....should have just dropped in a new motor for that.

HOLLY FUKN SHIT BATMAN ! that is a lot of money for a cam swap/spring ! allyou remove is coil packs/valve cover for the springs. remove all the acessory (alt./bracket, ps, wp) radiator and timing cover. those are the main things to remove for the cam install

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

That shop is trying to rape you,I got a quote of 1000 tuned and I don't touch a thing,it' not that hard in the silverado's,you don't even have to remove the radiator.That shop either hasn't done a silverado or is taking advantage of you!

Sprayed99 and I set our retail charge for a cam swap at $325, and labor is a half-day; this includes all underhood labor and new oil, oil filter, and coolant but no parts or tuning. For 3-G's I would expect the quote to also include a set of ported heads.

Mr. P.

BTW so you have a more complete cost comparison, a dyno tune from one of the best in the country will set you back $400-500.

EDIT - I fat-fingered it, our price for cam swap labor is $325, not 425 as posted earlier; apologies for the confusion.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

just for reference, synergy in fremont which many of you have heard of quoted my friend $2,500.00 for cam/springs/pushrods/retainers/labor/tune.

i havent paid for that. i just called for a quote and they said $3000 for all parts and labor and that labor is more than half that cost. i thought it was ridiculous as well. thats why i had to ask you guys.

HOLLY FUKN SHIT BATMAN ! that is a lot of money for a cam swap/spring ! allyou remove is coil packs/valve cover for the springs. remove all the acessory (alt./bracket, ps, wp) radiator and timing cover. those are the main things to remove for the cam install

you dont even have to pull the acessories and bracket..if a guy is mechanically inclined he can do it himself in a day

You gotta figure its about 8 hrs of work and they are going to charge you for all of it... i not sure what the going rate in your area for motor work is but you figure at 30 dollars an hrs for 8 hrs thats 2,400

Ive been quoted 2000 its alot easier to just buy all the parts and do it yourself you learn alot in the process and you save more in the end

You gotta figure its about 8 hrs of work and they are going to charge you for all of it... i not sure what the going rate in your area for motor work is but you figure at 30 dollars an hrs for 8 hrs thats 2,400

Ive been quoted 2000 its alot easier to just buy all the parts and do it yourself you learn alot in the process and you save more in the end

:crazy: I'm not sure how your math works, but even at a shop rate of $75 an hour that's only $600 for 8 hours... How about you give me a grand, I'll install the cam and kick you hard in your sack. Then you can have the same sinking pit in your stomach feeling as if you would have paid 2 grand, but for half the price? :lol: