243 Heads?

i can get a good deal on a set of ls6 243 heads and was wondering if anyone knows how they would do on the ss' 6.0? also gonna put a cam in but not sure which yet. can someone point me in the right direction before i start dropping cash..... thanks, sam.

They will be a nice upgrade however I wouldn't expect a TON of power on just the head swap only. The LS6 heads (provided that they have not been shaved) will bump your compression up to I believe 11.0:1. Add a nice cam and then you will have a potent combo.

BTW, I did the LS6 heads for my build as well however with some heavy porting. My castings were the 799s vs. the 243s.

They will be a nice upgrade however I wouldn't expect a TON of power on just the head swap only. The LS6 heads (provided that they have not been shaved) will bump your compression up to I believe 11.0:1. Add a nice cam and then you will have a potent combo.

BTW, I did the LS6 heads for my build as well however with some heavy porting. My castings were the 799s vs. the 243s.

yeah im with kevin. . . .the LQ( and LS6 heads flow the same but like mensioned above you will gain more compression wich i always good when getting a cam swap. IHO get some ported LS6 heads :thumbs: