6.2 L Vortec 6200 (rpo L92) Engine ...? Very Important..

Hi ,, the question is,,, What do i have to do if i want to swap my engine with a 6.2 L Vortec 6200 (RPO L92) engine in my 2005 silverado 1500 crew cab with a manual transmission ??

if this is expensive ,,, then what can i do to have the L92 inside my truck,,, becouse i really really really want that power

some people said that i can put the L92 block with the LQ9 heads and manifold and retune the computer ,, can this work ?? and will i have the L92 power with this project ?? or i will have to change the heads and a complete wiring ??

i already have the 6.0L engine inside,, but this is not good for me so i finish up thinking on a 408 stroker,, while i was thinking i got an idea of the L92,, so what do you think,, does the

L92 worth ? or i keep up with the first idea of a 408 stroker on the 6.0L ??

--

Can we just replace the L92 Crankshaft with the 6.0L crank ?? becouse of the reluctor wheel problem ?? or what can we do ??

--

last,, Can we put a complete L92 engine and just add a new Computer ?? can this work ?? if we can .. what kind of computers work with hp tuners ?? and which one is the best ??

--

thanks for reading :)

you could do a 408 with l92 heads , thats what i would do.

you will need to keep the gen 3 reluctor wheel your gen 3 can not read a gen 4 reluctor .

i wouldnt drop in a bone stock l92 unless you got it for dirt. if your going to do it do it right. my as well do some forged pistons if you plan on ever adding more power ( nitrous or forced induction)

ok so you are saying,,install a 408 stroker on a 6.0 iron block ,, and put a L92 heads ??

what num,, are you waiting with this project ??

i think ?? if i`m going to put a 408 stroker ,, i think a AFR 225's is better..

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?i...45&catid=28

You need some guidance...go to the link above and just order the 408 and be done with it. See a doctor to remove grin from face...

I'm new to the site so forgive me for my lack of knowledge......but when you guys are talking about a 408 swap, are you talking about the long or short block?

And what is the difference besides obviously the price?

I am gonna be different and say if you got it cheap go the 6.2 route. Changinf the reculator would be a BPITA but it would be different. a few wiring changes for cam sensor location and knock sensors...

But you would get more power going with a stroker

Long block means you get the heads, cam, and necessary valvetrain. All you have to add is your oil pan, accessories like alternator, intake, fuel injectors, etc. The short block is just that, short a few things. You dont get the heads, cam, valvetrain components, etc. A long block can bolt right in ready to go. A short block needs more work and parts, hence its cheaper. The advantage is that someone may not want the cam or heads coming on the long block and want to try to save a little money in a doityourself situation.

Well it all comes down to cost, as Chase said if you wind-up getting a L92 for next to nothing then go ahead and build it complete, install it, and sell your running 6.0L for $$$ to recoup some of your expenses. But you can make just as good an engine using your existing 6.0L block.

The secret to making competitive power is to get the best "upper end" you can afford, a properly engineered head/cam/manifold package - then you get a block that has enough bore to make sure the valves are unshrouded. If you are going to stay N/A then go ahead and buy the 4" crank to make a 408, else stay with the stock crank when using boost. Yes I would consider the AFR 225's, great heads that are well-researched and lots of good practical camming knowledge too. The L92's are starting to 'mature' and are a good N/A head if you get the right cam.

Mr. P.

Dart 225cc Pro LS1 with the right cam would be my choice, less cost than AFR's, same results. They will also raise your compression slightly because they are 64cc chamber vs I think AFR is 72cc?, so do the math on piston cc size to make sure you arent too high on the compression.