Cai Dyno Wars Results

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are 4 post up...

there we go...thanks

it's been a while since i read this thread completely, i figured since most of the comments on the first page made it sound like the graph was on the first page as well, i thought that the missing image was the graph.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

This is a great thread.

Looks to me that the KNN and the AEM are very comparable. The KNN seems to do a little better up top, that could be due to the filter itself. Obviously having a dry filter has its benefits, but my biggest question comparing the 2 is the intake tube. I have always thought that a composite tube was better for IAT's. With the hood closed would heat soak be more of an issue on the AEM? Does the air pass through there fast enough that it is really a non issue?

This is a great thread.

Looks to me that the KNN and the AEM are very comparable. The KNN seems to do a little better up top, that could be due to the filter itself. Obviously having a dry filter has its benefits, but my biggest question comparing the 2 is the intake tube. I have always thought that a composite tube was better for IAT's. With the hood closed would heat soak be more of an issue on the AEM? Does the air pass through there fast enough that it is really a non issue?

correct, as the Air velocity increases there is less time for heat to transfer. think of it like running past a red hot radiator naked. if you go slow enough it might bring up your core temp, but as you increase your speed, there is less time for the radiator to heat you up

• 4 months later...

Just joined up guys and like the info on the site. I read through the CAI thread and didn't see the Injen brand listed at all. Any reason why? I have used that brand on cars in the past and now that I have an SS I was leaning that way, but maybe you know something I don't? confused.gif

Just joined up guys and like the info on the site. I read through the CAI thread and didn't see the Injen brand listed at all. Any reason why? I have used that brand on cars in the past and now that I have an SS I was leaning that way, but maybe you know something I don't? confused.gif

It's not to say that Injen is a bad brand, it just that when this was done, no one with an Injen intake volunteered to let us borrow it. This was not done by a shop, but by a few of us enthusiast and the intakes where all volunteered by different members on here. If you notice Volant, another favorite on the site, was also not tested do to the fact that no one with a volant showed up on testing day. This was a complete unbiased test on the same truck in the same day to minimize outside error from DA or Temp.

We are wanting to run this test again soon, and add some other intakes to the mix. You down to hang out at the dyno for a day?? takealook.gif

Yes I am let me know when, I still have access to a GMPP, stock, outlaw, and if nothing else an STS.

I spoke to someone at Volant about getting one for testing, but I am not sure they want us to do independent testing on it. We have a few ideas on getting some of the other intakes as well. I will have Justin keep you posted cheers.gif

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered a Volant CAI and ram air scoop for my SSS. I should be getting it next week. I'll give some feedback once I get it all put on and drive it for a while. Hopefully it will help others to be able to make an educated decision on CAI.

Edited by tamartin (see edit history)

I just ordered a Volant CAI and ram air scoop for my SSS. I should be getting it next week. I'll give some feedback once I get it all put on and drive it for a while. Hopefully it will help others to be able to make an educated decision on CAI.

unless you do back to back test between all of the intakes, this will just be a personal opinnio and not very valid in this thread.