Cai Dyno Wars Results

Cool im sure this will help a lot of new members.

hey Art do u guys plan on testing more intakes and adding more info in the future???

-Rob

umm not quite sure as for we would have to work our schedual around justin and also find time to do it, but by the time it comes around im gonna have my cam installed :jester: we have already tested AFR's from hella rich to safetly lean and found that AFR is simply a thermal protection and there was no power loss nor gain from around 12.0:1-13.0:1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pinned this topic for ya! Interesting results and alot of work going into it. I linked the initial post for the background info rather than merge the two topics (it will get real busy if we do that). Nice work guys :cheers:

thanks Kevin :cheers:

sweet very good info. wish the volant was could have been tested at the same time. i think thats one of the most popular ones. good job guys! :thumbs:

yeah but like mentioned before we didnt have one avalible at the time so we only worked with what we had

• 2 weeks later...

I just put on the AEM brute force CAI, It sounds great and feels better when I put my foot into it. I am very happy with it, thanks again for all the effort.

• 9 months later...
it would b cool as hell if we could do this with exhaust mufflers too

Doing this with intakes was easy and quick... with exhaust it is a completly different animal. you are now dealing with Hot pipes, posibly welded on and no lift.

Plus Art and I where on borrowed time, and had limited access to the dyno. Now if you can get us a dyno we can use all day with tools and a lift, we can do a performance test on mufflers.

As for the track... the one that moves the most air will most likely win as it is the one that make the most power under the curve

• 4 months later...

I don't know what happened to the data... but here it is again

from top to bottom on the horsepower curve on the graph is:

AEM no filter

KNN

AEM

Stock with KNN drop in filter

Outlaw

GMPP

Stock with Fram airhog

gallery_4677_321_87485.jpg

gallery_4677_321_28637.jpg

I don't know what happened to the data... but here it is again

from top to bottom on the horsepower curve on the graph is:

AEM no filter

KNN

AEM

Stock with KNN drop in filter

Outlaw

GMPP

Stock with Fram airhog

gallery_4677_321_87485.jpg

gallery_4677_321_28637.jpg

THANKS chpspecial!!! My intake gasket that connects the throttle body to the main inlet tube is wasted...so i have to replace my cai :(...

a pretty expensive repair considering it was only a rubber connector...OUTLAW went out os business (I think...) so its a GMPP (I get the GM employee discount) or an AEM...