How To:

smoke03

Well with the help of Danny (sprayed99) and Steve (Mr.P.) I finally installed my window switch

I used the MSD window switch that I bought Here. All though there are different switches, the concept should basically be the same.

IMG_0605.jpg

And by the way, Im not a photographer so some of my pics may be blurry lol.

The switch contains 4 wires and 2 closed loops. There is a Red, Black, White, and Yellow wire and then a red loop and a blue loop wich will both have to be cut because the switch has to be set up in 4 cylinder mode.

1.) Connect the red wire to a switched 12 volt. All I did was splice it into my arming switch

IMG_0601.jpg

2.) Next, connect the black wire from the window switch to ground.

IMG_0607.jpg

3.) The yellow wire goes to the ground side of the Nitrous Relay coil.

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

Now, for the parts that caused a problem for me.

4.) The white wire splices in with the WHITE WIRE ON PIN 10 ON THE GREEN CONNECTION (connector 2) FOR THE PCM. This is the engine speed signal wire. When removing the wire sheild, be carefull, plastic is fragile lol. I broke mine

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Thats basically it. Now your ready to put in your RPM modules or set your switch to the desired start and stop RPM's. To test, rig a temporary LED or test bulb into the passenger compartment from the nitrous relay, that way when you are driving you can verify that the switch is in fact turning on the relay (LED) at the RPMs you desire - *then* remove the LED and hook-up the nitrous.

Not as good as a "Mr. P. How-to" but I hope it helps

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
gezzzzzz numb nuts solder the fricking wires together and also find a better ground and 12V switched. LOL :jester:

Ok I have a question, i just picked up a zex kit and I have to splice into the WOT sensor wire for the WOT switch. Then I want to connect the RPM window switch in the middle of the wire from the NMU to the WOT wire. Is that white wire on pin 10 the WOT sensor wire? Just want to make sure.