Hi beam conversion kit

cokedrvrbjw

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not home right now so i cant look and i hate to bring this out of the dead but do u have to physically undo the fuse box and flip it or can u solder wires onto the diode and plug it in with the fuse that it needs to go to? just curious thanks for the help.. most of the sites that show this the pics are dead so im trying to visualize what i have to do.

i got it to work tonight when i got home from work.. cheap mod!! just put the silverstars in to what a difference they make.. no im just waiting on the piaa 3157 lights to come in for my drl's and i should be all set for lights for now..

on a side note all i did was pull the relay out stick the soldered wire from the diode into the hole and push the relay back down in.. is that safe? just wanted to make sure.. thansk guys

i want to do drl's with parking lights.  but i cant finger it out yet.

It's cool you mentioned this: I have it figured out. Now granted, mine is a 2005 so yours might be different.

To get the drls and parking lights on at the same time, all you do is turn on the parking lights before you turn on the key to start it, but dont cancel auto light mode. It only works in the daytime and if autolamp is enabled. If you wanted manual control of that it would take some relay-wiring games...

But this is how I use my DRL's as fog lights.

on a side note all i did was pull the relay out stick the soldered wire from the diode into the hole and push the relay back down in.. is that safe? just wanted to make sure.. thansk guys

thats how i did mine. no issues, just in case i had to take it in to the dealer for any electric work, i can just pull the wires out and not have to unsoder them...

:seeya:

anybody added a diode in line with everything to make the drl's come on with the hi beams? i think i may try it and see what happens.. 6 lights have to be better then 4 lol.. i just got my piaa 3157's in today.. should shed some more light pretty easily.

anybody added a diode in line with everything to make the drl's come on with the hi beams?  i think i may try it and see what happens.. 6 lights have to be better then 4 lol.. i just got my piaa 3157's in today.. should shed some more light pretty easily.

i assume pin 85 of the DRL relay.... did it work???

anybody added a diode in line with everything to make the drl's come on with the hi beams?  i think i may try it and see what happens.. 6 lights have to be better then 4 lol.. i just got my piaa 3157's in today.. should shed some more light pretty easily.

Yes, this was a popular mod topic a year ago. Works fantastic for moving those left-lane squatters out of your way! It's not that it makes the lighting brighter, just 'larger'.

Mr. P. :)

Yes, this was a popular mod topic a year ago. Works fantastic for moving those left-lane squatters out of your way! It's not that it makes the lighting brighter, just 'larger'.

so..... how do you do it? pin 85 from the DRL relay & another diode?

(reason i ask, going up north soon, last time i drove was in my S-10... smacked a pregnant deer ruined a brand new 2in cowl hood)

so..... how do you do it? pin 85 from the DRL relay & another diode?

(reason i ask, going up north soon, last time i drove was in my S-10... smacked a pregnant deer ruined a brand new 2in cowl hood)

thats what i assume.. u definetly need another diode just run from the high or low relay to the drl. i think i am going to try it tonight.. the only thing that i am wondering is are the drl's gonna get to hot running them all the time..

:ughdance:Using the site search found the topic from last year

Illustrated is using a diode to jump power from the high-beam relay to the DRL relay; do exectly the same (another diode) from the high-beam relay to the low-beam relay and viola you have 6-beam headlights.

Mr. P.

mr p do u think the piaa 3157 drl's will get to hot when on high for a period of time? or how about this is there a way to make the drl's on with the low beams and so i could have the low and the drl's at the same time and then when i hit the hi beams all 6 are on? i just dont want to burn the drl's out..

heres what ive run into... i have aftermarket bulbs in my DRL sockets.. they look great but operate at a much hotter temp than factory... now this hasnt burnt-out/melted the sockets, wiring etc... HOWEVER it does heat up the lamp/housing and now i believe it has damaged the seals and i get condensation like crazy in my lower housings... (i warrantied them the first time, but im not sure if ill be able to pull it off again)

• 1 month later...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33710

Dont know if the link will work.  On ebay there is a mod to have all your lights on when you put on your hi's instead of just your hi's.  Instead of paying some jack@ss to tell me how i thought id see it someone on here knew how and would like to share!! :confused:

Nice idea, but for me the hid zennon light conversion works better, man can you see a difference, and don't ever use the high beams.

:seeya:

Archived