Hi beam conversion kit

cokedrvrbjw

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mr p do u think the piaa 3157 drl's will get to hot when on high for a period of time? or how about this is there a way to make the drl's on with the low beams and so i could have the low and the drl's at the same time and then when i hit the hi beams all 6 are on?  i just dont want to burn the drl's out..

Sorry I missed your question earlier - I cannot imagine a problem with anything overheating, DRL are intended to be on all the time!

Mr. P. :)

• 4 months later...
Here is two ways to do it...the one for the fuse box imo is easier...47155399.jpg

47155381.jpg:thumbs:

i cant believe i never noticiesd this thread. i just bought and installed the amber drl's. i will be doing the wire and diode tommorrow but the one thing i noticed is that when i pulled the relay to see which pin was the 85 to solder to i noticed that the 85 pin was on the oppisite corner than the picture shows. will this make a difference? or does it not matter as long as you solder to the 85 pin.

• 5 months later...

I have the "all lights on" mod in my duramax.

Hook your high beam 85 to your low beam 85 and both your highs and lows will be on.

Hook your high beam 85 to your fog light 85 (just below the low beam) and when your brights are on your lows and fogs will also be on.

• 1 month later...
I have the "all lights on" mod in my duramax.

Hook your high beam 85 to your low beam 85 and both your highs and lows will be on.

Hook your high beam 85 to your fog light 85 (just below the low beam) and when your brights are on your lows and fogs will also be on.

i don't have fog lights yet but if you hook low beam 85 to the driving lights 85 you can have even more lights on while you have lows and highs on

• 1 month later...
does the size of the DIODE make a difference? just curious? I assume RadioShaq has these?

Yes Radio Shack carries them, that's where I picked them up when I did it. They are the 1n4005's (Micro 1-Amp Diodes) which are mentioned in the first page of this topic.

Cool mod, kinda skeptical about the wire jumping 2 fuses. Tried it it works for sure, and definately helps when using High Beams!!!

How ever, I recently just obtained my HID set 8000K and installed them, so I took the Wire out cause the HIDs are Sick on how bright they are... Infact my High Beams cant compete, i'm gonna have to get another kit just for the HIGHS!!! LOL. Check'em out on the HID Conversion Topic

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...2577&st=100

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived