Hi beam conversion kit

cokedrvrbjw

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33710

Dont know if the link will work. On ebay there is a mod to have all your lights on when you put on your hi's instead of just your hi's. Instead of paying some jack@ss to tell me how i thought id see it someone on here knew how and would like to share!! :confused:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I had this done to my truck to, had a rectifier diode put in so I can run my low beams along with my highs. Definately nice in the dark roads. It throws a code according to the GM tech that wired it for me, but no problems burning out or anything. Stylin concepts also had a harness to do the same thing I did.

Worth it though :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

what do you mean "throw a code"? is it only something you can see with a scanner or is it in the dic. please be more specific. it may be a cheap and easy mod but i don't want to f*&% my truck up. it was A LOT easier with the 2002 silverado.

what do you mean "throw a code"? is it only something you can see with a scanner or is it in the dic. please be more specific. it may be a cheap and easy mod but i don't want to f*&% my truck up. it was  A LOT easier with the 2002 silverado.

A code maybe, but no light. Same with the thing on disconnecting the key in ignition/door open tone, it sets a code, but you will never see it unless you do a complete detailed scan. Either one should not set a SES.

got it done. works like a champ. the instructions on the other website were a little tough to follow though. i had to draw it out to finish. once i drew it, i was done in 5 mins. if anyone else wants to do it let me know and i'll send a little easier to follow instructions.

Out of curiosity...... I was installing new bulbs this weekend and noticed that when you "flash" the HI's as opposed to turn them on... all 4 bulbs are on.

Is there any way to just switch this function so that when you flash it switches from HI to LO and then when you turn on the HI's all 4 stay on? I'd think this would just be switching some connectors around somewhere instead of having to splice into things....

Maybe I'm just smoking crack??? Anyone....????

I just used the Painless wiring kit for $40. With an added relay and fuse, it should not set any codes (a separate relay energizes the lows, when the highs are turned on) and it is more isolated than a diode.

Rick R

Out of curiosity...... I was installing new bulbs this weekend and noticed that when you "flash" the HI's as opposed to turn them on... all 4 bulbs are on.

Is there any way to just switch this function so that when you flash it switches from HI to LO and then when you turn on the HI's all 4 stay on? I'd think this would just be switching some connectors around somewhere instead of having to splice into things....

Maybe I'm just smoking crack??? Anyone....????

that's what this post is about :sleep: save yourself some money and install the $.50 diode. it works just the same.

Archived