What Was Your First Car/truck?

Tzer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acura legend 4dr I think it was a 91 or 92, I never even learned to drive a stickshift while I had it so I never drove it anywhere. My friends and I went out and I let one of them do a big ass burnout and we blew out the clutch and I sold the car for $500

1991 chevy cavalier nicknamed "Butch" cause the original dealer was evidently Dutch's, but the D and s were gone. I miss that car, it'd be nice to have as a DD. I sold it to my parents so they could use it as a trade in to get my brother a truck.

:withstupid: Very nice, Cody

Glad to see another station wagon enthusuiast :thumbs:

Do you still have it?

I do. In fact I am in the process of a frame off pro street build on it. I keep kicking myself in the @ss for tearing it down when there was nothing wrong with it but I think it'll all be worth it in the end.

My first car in 1979 was a "72" Monte Carlo, yellow w/white vinyl top and rally hub caps. It was stock with a 350 and a quadrajet carb. That car is were I got my lead foot from! :D Second vehicle was a "56" Chevy Stepside P/U, 283, 4 speed w/granny gear and wrap around back window.

Edited by raandoggyss (see edit history)

In 2000 I turned 16, and a couple weeks before my birthday I bought my first truck with what I saved for by stocking groceries for 3 summers in my parents store.

If was a 1990 black 454ss. 400 turbo 3 speed with 3:73 gears. Added to it little by little started with duals and headers and got the need for speed by street racing at stop lights. My senior year in HS had it bored to 502,heads from a 69 454 polished, cam, and a 750 4 barrel Demon carb. 31 16.50 Mickys out back. Went to college-truck got parked to save gas. Got a job,married, mortgage, and baby. Truck is still parked in dads barn. I'll get it back out someday.

my first car was a 35 ford pickup that i cut out of a briar patch, took it home, put marvels mystery oil in the cylnders of the old flat head, battery, new gas, cleaned the carb, aired up the tires and drove it for a long time (i got it when i was 13), traded it for a 56 ford pu with home made dual wheels on the rear (two rims welded together), sold that and got the first car i "paid" for when i was 15 a 67 gto with a 428 tri power and a 4 sp muncie, tore the drive shaft out of that, traded for a 66 skylark with a all aluminum engine. traded that for a 74 rcsb chevy, wrecked that, got a 71 dodge powerwagon pu, put 400k on it, after that the list goes on and on.

i saw the 35 ford a few years ago, the guy i traded it to died, his son got it and restored it and made a rod out of it, was really nice.

My first car was a 1971 Chevelle SS with a 396,8 track stereo, jensen 6x9 in the rear deck.....I really miss that car. I went looking 2 years ago to replace it. Anything decent was to much money, that's how I ended up with the SSS