What Was Your First Car/truck?

Tzer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1970 chevelle 350/350 didnt take long but it had a 125 shot on it...2nd car was a 55 belair 2dr post...9" and camaro front clip setup for a BB...i like the chevelle more at the time though

1984 Monte Carlo 305ci...found it in a barn cleaned it up, removed the crappy Landau top and had it painted. Looked good, ran like a turd...sold it for $300 when I graduated in 2001 and bought a 1991 Camaro with 40k miles on it, it had just under 100K on it when I sold it 2 years ago.

I kinda of got 2 hand me downs about the the same time when I was 16. First was a 76 Chevette that was the family's 2nd car for the sibblings. And the other was from my sister when she was in the Navy and going through a divorce. She left me her X's mint 73 Cutlass Supreme with the Olds Rocket 455, came fully loaded with the factory 8 track, AC, power seats, windows etc.

I miss that cutlass, but I still do have the 78 Z28 that I traded it for back in 80.

Edited by SSleepingbeauty (see edit history)

My first ride I bought myself at dealership was a used 1986 C-10 Silverado with 2wd,auto,305cu.(woohoo). I had that truck for a long time till I was about 22 when i traded it in with smashed up fenders for a 94 Sport Duster.

I just asked the wife what her first car was..

She said. MONZA

This was in 1978 and it was a used one. I don't know what year she had but we're any of them worth a Chit? (Ugly Beasts)

She said it was a POS that it had a mind of it's own. LMAO....

Damn VHO6.0 64 Impala.. NICE!

That's still a sour word in my book.. I was brougt up in a 64 Impala SS that my dad bought new in 64.. No I didn't get that for a hand me down. I got Mom's Dart. HAHAHA! Eiter way.. My Dad gave it to my older brother a few years after I had been driving. I was TICKED.. Then come to find out. He drove it for 6 months, the trans went out and he got rid of it. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH.... It was a one owner with maybe 105,000 miles on it and I'm talking this happened in 1980... Somebodys FUEN*D Scored on that one...

Sorry I had to vent because it brought back that memory..

56 Chevy 210 4dr station wagon - - started out with a wore out Pontiac 400 and TH400 tranny with the stock 3.73 rear...Engine died with a flat cam and a couple bent rods.

Next - Built 454 4 bolt main, .030 over at roughly 7:1 comp (supposed to be a blower motor), .560/.580 lift .242/.252 @ .050 duration solid tappet cam, steel crank, port matched and de-burred 119cc oval port heads, port matched Performer RPM Intake with a flowed 780cfm Holley double pumper all in front of 1 of 3 built TH400's with various 2800 stalls eventually blowing up the rear end twice and replacing it with a junk yard 12 bolt with 2.73 open rear...all in all it still got the 4000lb car down the strip in a consistant 13 flat @ 101mph.

This was I was changing out the rear end to the 12 bolt

post-2016-1210149921_thumb.jpg

This was right after we had it painted

post-2016-1210149951_thumb.jpg