What Was Your First Car/truck?

Tzer

i think i might have had the one of the worst starter vehicles here. it was a hand me down, it was a 1991 Toyota Previa: Toyota-Previa.jpg

yes a minivan, exactly lik this one with out the roof racks and it had two sunroof's a small pop up in the front and a BIG-ASS slide back for the rear. it was my moms car(odviously) and thats the car that was there when i started driving, btw my older brother got a very nice 96 mitsu galant in great condition and my little sister is probably gonna get a new(used, new to her) car as her first car.... DAMMIT :banghead: i got the SHORT end of that stick huh.?.?. but i cant lie i had a lot of "fun" in that lil egg. the rear sun roof was big enough to fit 3-4 people standing up in it so every halloween and summer it was used to it's full potential. and it definately did it's speedo's top speed (110 mph) or so i'v heard :lol: . the first car i bought was the SS, brand new from dealer :pimp:

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First car I drove was an 84 Mercury Cougar that my dad got for like $200, and it came with two engines that didn't run. So after a couple hundred more I had a fun little car to beat on, I took that thing through so many ditches and drifting in the norhtern MN winters was awesome. First vehicle I bought was and 89 Jeep Wrangler with a 258 CI I6, I def. learned alot about rebuilding engines and manual trannies when I had that thing.

81 Pontiac Firebird, 231 v6, 3 speed manual, t-tops, Turbo rims from a Trans Am. It was brown from the factory, after first accident painted a 68 Ford color green. It was the same color as Turtle Wax in the green bottle. Shifted the frame towards the drivers side during second accident. Insurence co. totaled it on me. It was given to me from my brother-in-law. It was a parts car for his TA.

first car was a 1915 model T Ford paid $10.00 for it. :lol: had no top, no seats, sat on a milk crate, had my share of sore wrists, damn hand crank :banghead: $0.26 per gal. for gas... best fun car i ever owned, wish i still had it. you don't know the thrill of driving until you have driven one :crackup:

MY frist vehicle was a 71 chevy C-10 pickup, 307 2 barrel, fire engine red, Three on the tree, Wish i still had it. I put a cam in it. 4 barrel, headers,floor shifter, 2800 stall converter, 4:11 rear I won a lot of street race's in that truck.Traded it in on a 1987 invader speed boat. My frist car I bought at the dealer was a 1987 camaro, 305 carburated, I think the last year for the carburated engines,

My parents bought me a brand new 1970 SS 396, 350hp Chevelle on Valentine's Day 1970 as an early HS graduation gift. Gobi Beige, black stripes, functional cowl induction, turbo 400 trans, and bucket seats. I have regretted getting rid of that car over and over and over.

My first (and only) car was an 82 Monte Carlo 3.8. inherited it w/ 124k on the clock and lost speedo cable after the clock hit 254k. drove it for another 3 months after that with no speedo/odometer. traded that towards my first truck, an 86 K10 Custom Deluxe long bed. trust me, there was nothing custom or deluxe about those.

:chevy: 4 L!!!!!!

I think its funny that most of us don't even have digital pictures of your first vehicles. Probably because digital camera's weren't even out yet, haha. And I am only 22.

That's true. Heck I don't even think I have a photo of the ol' Dart on paper. It's pretty cool to see what everyone began in. There is a wide variety indeed. I bet old memories came back on all those who replied so far. I know they did for me.

I think it's awesome that essess got a brand new 1970 SS 396, and that BlkSSnCpt had a mini van, and poor ol desrtrat had to hand crank his car to start it up and on and on. I'm sure some of us absolutely hated the ride we began in but when we think back on it we really enjoyed the times we had/have.

LOL I just remembered besides the AM radio I had, I installed an 8-Track and a couple rear deck speakers. OMG. I was rocking then. LMAO.. and yes, I didn't have A/C or Power Steering, or Power Brakes (4 Drums) or Electric Windows, all and all, great times were had...

Here's the closest photo I could find, actually there is one on Ebay and it was that same color LOL

Close to my Dart

Keep um coming...

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)