Gm Truck Electric Fans

misterp

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a nice kit.

steve, what are you ect's with this kit?

im talking from highest to lowest in moderately hot weather? im not really looking to switch but id like to know the difference in ect's from these and the factory fans.

The fan kit has been operating daily for 2-months now and ECT ranges from 174 to 185; the low-speed kick-on point is set at 183-degrees as the truck is equipped with a SLP 160-degree thermostat. On restart I've seen heatsoak of about 195, and the fans will kick on to high-speed and have the ECT back down to 176 in 90-seconds. If you would like to wait until the end of the group buy period I can share with you more data as the Texas heat returns, surely we will have a couple mini heat waves by then. The truck will not cool any lower than 174-degrees, the SLP thermostat just will not allow for it. If you like I can PM you the fan settings I am using, those might get you the cooling you desire with the fans you've already got.

Mr. P. :)

I'm definately in on this deal, but I'll wait to see what you guys can do about the alternator. Can you ship to my buddies address? The apartment complex only gives us a stupid little box. I might see if UPs will delivery to my door I do see their trucks around here every so often.

I'm definately in on this deal, but I'll wait to see what you guys can do about the alternator. Can you ship to my buddies address? The apartment complex only gives us a stupid little box. I might see if UPs will delivery to my door I do see their trucks around here every so often.

I can ship to any address in the lower 48