Silverado SS problems

leupy

I have the Transgo-HD series B kit. Comes with a corvette servo. Zippy - master of all tranny work (no joke)- likes the Superior shift kit. Not sure what the diffs are. Maybe he'll pipe in here and discuss. I know of a couple of us with the Transgo kit, not sure if anyone has done the Superior kit, "yet".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Transgo-HD series B kit. Comes with a corvette servo. Zippy - master of all tranny work (no joke)- likes the Superior shift kit. Not sure what the diffs are. Maybe he'll pipe in here and discuss. I know of a couple of us with the Transgo kit, not sure if anyone has done the Superior kit, "yet".

If this is a "you install" option, how tough and involved was it? Can you give links to the supplier of your or Zippy's kit?

Thanks, Ben.

SuperDave

Install is fairly straight forward. As long as you don't freak when you see the valvebody and have to take it apart. It's really easy and can be done in your driveway. Just get yourself plenty of old t-shirts or towels to spread underneath. It constantly leaks while you're under there.

Drop Zippy a PM on the Superior kit. The transgo is available through Tbyrne, but not sure if he has the HD kit, which is the one you want. It's also the same one that FLP puts in their trannys.

I know of a couple of us with the Transgo kit, not sure if anyone has done the Superior kit, "yet".

adams2003 has a Superior Shift Kit and seems to like it. I think I am going to go with the Transgo with corvette servo.

-Matt

• 8 years later...

Unrelated question though, this being my first vehicle with leather seats, what do you guys recommend as far as leather cleaners and moisturizers? I'd hate to waste two perfectly good seats because I'm new. lol Does anyone have actual prices they've paid for spray in bedliners?

-Leupy

The ONLY leather cleaner/conditioner I use in my truck is Lexol NF. It's not greasy & leaves the leather very soft. You can buy it most anywhere but it is cheaper at a farm/feed store.

The ONLY leather cleaner/conditioner I use in my truck is Lexol NF. It's not greasy & leaves the leather very soft. You can buy it most anywhere but it is cheaper at a farm/feed store.

Did you seriously just reply to a thread from 8 years ago???? I'm pretty sure the member who asked for opinions has found a product by now.....

• 9 years later...