My Stock 5.3 Wit 140k Miles

WOW... i can't believe you will not answer a simple question. i tried to be respectful and stick to facts and numbers, so i can get an actual reason why with your great gen3 knowledge the LS1 was so much better?... but all anyone gets from you after coming up with a counter point or evidence/proof of other then what you believe, is a dismissal of what they said based on nothing other then you know what you know and thats it!... which seems very closed minded imo. i would gladly concede the point if you gave me a reason that actualy made sense, but it seems if you are losing an argument you revert to a defensive state, and for the record i'm not trying to win anything i just wanted some facts. i'm not going to resort to posting childish cartoons and calling people trolls just because there dabating a point. i think it would have been in everybodys best interest to get all these facts straight, as it would only give people more information to base there choices on... heck i would gladly say the LS1 is better with proof, i just want to make sure that no body makes the wrong choice based on biased information. people do use these forums to make choices for there vehicles, just as i did when i joined. now i advise anyone to do like i do and research everything before you make a choice and base that choice on facts, not opinions.

and sprayed since i'm obviously not going to get any information out of you that will prove anything, i'm going to let this one go. so hopefully there are no hard feelings.. :thumbs:

Edited by 2006_SUPERADO (see edit history)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... i can't believe you will not answer a simple question. i tried to be respectful and stick to facts and numbers, so i can get an actual reason why with your great gen3 knowledge the LS1 was so much better?... but all anyone gets from you after coming up with a counter point or evidence/proof of other then what you believe, is a dismissal of what they said based on nothing other then you know what you know and thats it!... which seems very closed minded imo. i would gladly concede the point if you gave me a reason that actualy made sense, but it seems if you are losing an argument you revert to a defensive state, and for the record i'm not trying to win anything i just wanted some facts. i'm not going to resort to posting childish cartoons and calling people trolls just because there dabating a point. i think it would have been in everybodys best interest to get all these facts straight, as it would only give people more information to base there choices on... heck i would gladly say the LS1 is better with proof, i just want to make sure that no body makes the wrong choice based on biased information. people do use these forums to make choices for there vehicles, just as i did when i joined. now i advise anyone to do like i do and research everything before you make a choice and base that choice on facts, not opinions.

and sprayed since i'm obviously not going to get any information out of you that will prove anything, i'm going to let this one go. so hopefully there are no hard feelings.. :thumbs:

if you want to dispute this then call me 214-853-1022...I will not stnad for your bashing me and your horrible attitude. I will not carry on this argument any further.

Sprayed, He's not bashing you. Nor was I. All we want is the straight up honest truth and facts of WHY the LS1 is better than an LQ9. I am sorry you take it so personally because we are saying that an LS1 swap isnt much better than an LQ9 swap. From a neutral stand point, the example you provided to run an LS1, can riddled with holes from someone with even a novice education of engines. If we took the evidence and analyzed it from a NEAUTRAL standpoint, you would see your self that it wasnt that much different, especiallly if we had a likewise LQ9 to compare it to right along side of it. There are alot of successful LQ9 swaps that are running damn near that LS1. The bottom line is the LQ9 is by far an easier swap, it IS cheaper and it will net almost the same amount of gains. Stop taking everything so personally.

Sprayed, He's not bashing you. Nor was I. All we want is the straight up honest truth and facts of WHY the LS1 is better than an LQ9. I am sorry you take it so personally because we are saying that an LS1 swap isnt much better than an LQ9 swap. From a neutral stand point, the example you provided to run an LS1, can riddled with holes from someone with even a novice education of engines. If we took the evidence and analyzed it from a NEAUTRAL standpoint, you would see your self that it wasnt that much different, especiallly if we had a likewise LQ9 to compare it to right along side of it. There are alot of successful LQ9 swaps that are running damn near that LS1. The bottom line is the LQ9 is by far an easier swap, it IS cheaper and it will net almost the same amount of gains. Stop taking everything so personally.

No response!

:withstupid:

No response!

was'nt the whole point that we just wanted an honest reply, we were both able to come up with reasons why we think the LQ9 is equal to the LS1. all we wanted was your reasoning and you won't give it... i will not call you for the simple reason that if you had a point you could say it here.

and i don't need to argue with anyone who is trying to defend a point that they can't prove.

so if you have a reason post it, ontherwise it's not worth it anymore.

:withstupid:

was'nt the whole point that we just wanted an honest reply, we were both able to come up with reasons why we think the LQ9 is equal to the LS1. all we wanted was your reasoning and you won't give it... i will not call you for the simple reason that if you had a point you could say it here.

and i don't need to argue with anyone who is trying to defend a point that they can't prove.

so if you have a reason post it, ontherwise it's not worth it anymore.

Okay here is my reasoning.... every 6.0L iron block truck/car I have built doesnt perform near as well as the aluminum LS1 trucks/cars have. Its that simple is there a set in stone reason why....not really as I told you before in my experience I have yet to see a stock or modded iron 6L outperform the 5.7L with the same mods.

• 10 months later...

wow this was a fun thread to read...some facts about my truck

5.3 stock cam = 13.88

ls1 stock cam = 13.26

ls1 226/226 cam = 12.49

same cam ls1 with patriot heads = 12.19

gained zero power with LS6 intake manifold

now i have a 231/239 .617/.623 111+2 cam and nitrous. this cam feels awesome. lost 0 bottom end and running 12.30 in nasty weather in compared to my 12.19 in amazing weather.

7.48 1/8 with new cam progressive out of the hole on a 100 shot. it should have a low 7.3x on the 100 shot out of the hole.

swapping on a ported fast 90mm with a nick williams 90mm throttle body in the next week or two. i shouldnt have a problem making 11's on motor with the new cam and manifold.

in the end, you guys are splitting hairs here. sure on paper the lq9 is a better motor, but the ls1 was under rated on paper by gm so your average joe can afford the insurance on a camaro...it was also de-tuned so your 30k dollar camaro couldnt compete with the 50k dollar chevy flagship car (corvette).

mod for mod i dont see the advantage of one motor over another. the lq9 has the extra cube, but the ls1 has the weight. i would stick either motor in my truck!

a buddy of mine has a heads/cam lq9 with a 90mm intake. our cams are pretty close and our dyno's are very close. we matched HP and he has 10 more torque than me...he did have a 90mm setup over my LS6 78mm stuff. get whatever motor you can find cheapest.

i got my longblock for $275 and it has over 130,000 miles on it right now.

• 2 weeks later...
wow this was a fun thread to read...some facts about my truck

5.3 stock cam = 13.88

ls1 stock cam = 13.26

ls1 226/226 cam = 12.49

same cam ls1 with patriot heads = 12.19

gained zero power with LS6 intake manifold

now i have a 231/239 .617/.623 111+2 cam and nitrous. this cam feels awesome. lost 0 bottom end and running 12.30 in nasty weather in compared to my 12.19 in amazing weather.

7.48 1/8 with new cam progressive out of the hole on a 100 shot. it should have a low 7.3x on the 100 shot out of the hole.

swapping on a ported fast 90mm with a nick williams 90mm throttle body in the next week or two. i shouldnt have a problem making 11's on motor with the new cam and manifold.

in the end, you guys are splitting hairs here. sure on paper the lq9 is a better motor, but the ls1 was under rated on paper by gm so your average joe can afford the insurance on a camaro...it was also de-tuned so your 30k dollar camaro couldnt compete with the 50k dollar chevy flagship car (corvette).

mod for mod i dont see the advantage of one motor over another. the lq9 has the extra cube, but the ls1 has the weight. i would stick either motor in my truck!

a buddy of mine has a heads/cam lq9 with a 90mm intake. our cams are pretty close and our dyno's are very close. we matched HP and he has 10 more torque than me...he did have a 90mm setup over my LS6 78mm stuff. get whatever motor you can find cheapest.

i got my longblock for $275 and it has over 130,000 miles on it right now.

Hey read the date bro.... LOL

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)