My Stock 5.3 Wit 140k Miles

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the LS1 the same as Lq9 or similar?

The LS1 is an alluminum block V8 that can be found in late model Corvettes, Camaros, and GTOs. The LQ9 is an iron block out of the truck lineup that can be found in Silverado SSs, Cadillac Escalades, and GMC Yukon Denalis. The LS1 and LQ9 are similar except for the composition of the block and a few other minor details. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

The LS1 is an alluminum block V8 that can be found in late model Corvettes, Camaros, and GTOs. The LQ9 is an iron block out of the truck lineup that can be found in Silverado SSs, Cadillac Escalades, and GMC Yukon Denalis. The LS1 and LQ9 are similar except for the composition of the block and a few other minor details. :chevy:

ohhhh 0'O i seee thanks for clearing that up =] ill take the ss motor =]

ill swap it out when i get $$ saved up, its hard saving money now a days, wit gas at like $4, seems that all ma dough goes to the tank =\....but yea ima strt saving $$$ when i go bak to wrk in like a couple of months, after i recover frm ma foot injury..maybe a new job as well, secuity =]..but yea i liked that LQ9 searched it up and i was like nice =]

incorrect sir. they also came in the vette. this is the LS1 that came with the LS6 intake and also the same motor that the single cab guys are running low-mid 12's with only bolt ons

also stock LQ9 to stock LS1 the Ls1 makes about 35-40rwhp more and are also a good 75-80lbs lighter

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

The LS1 is an alluminum block V8 that can be found in late model Corvettes, Camaros, and GTOs.

incorrect sir. they also came in the vette.

I said that they came in the Vette. :wtf:

hmmmmmm........nice nice.... LS1 tempting, lets say that i get the LS1 is it a 6.0??

The LS1 is a 5.7 I believe........

5.7..=]i snt that like the same engine that the cheyenne's come with? or am i wrong?

no the 5.7L was in the camaro SS or Z28.....transam, formula, or firehawk... and the non-zo6 vettes

I dont understnad why the guys here are so high on the 6.0L engine maybe because its whats in their trucks...but for weight savings and more potential power out of a stock short block I would go LS1 or if you got the dough go LS2 or 3

the reason I think the ls1 is because I have made very good power out of the stock short block with new heads and a good cam...(and a lot of bottle :jester: ) I made over 700 to the tires.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

incorrect sir. they also came in the vette. this is the LS1 that came with the LS6 intake and also the same motor that the single cab guys are running low-mid 12's with only bolt ons

also stock LQ9 to stock LS1 the Ls1 makes about 35-40rwhp more and are also a good 75-80lbs lighter

the 5.7 LS1 in z28's and formula's make like 305-310hp, and like 320-325hp in the SS and trans-am?... the corvettes were rated at 345 if i recall correctly?... and the gto's were rated at 350hp which this site ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine#LS1 ) say's that they all produced about 350hp/365tq now even if thats true (which could'nt be correct due to all the slight variations between different years and models) the LQ9 is still equal in HP and higher on TQ.

so why would the 5.7 produce more rwhp then th 6.0?. i'm just curious because more cubes usualy means more power potential?.

thanks.