My Stock 5.3 Wit 140k Miles

i got a 99 5.3 wit about 140k miles on it, ima start upgrading the engine, but i hope im not too late in doing it. originally i was not going to get a truck, i was going to get a DC2 integra 93 and just do a JDM ITR frnt end swap...but my pops gave me the truck so i was like cool :D .......i change the oil every 3k miles and maintain it in good conditions. i run that synthetic oil :cheers::cool: .....yesterday i got smoked by a F150 yea it hapens so i want to add sum balls to my 5.3 what should i start out with??? i was thinking C.A.I but dont know what brand to choose frm...then frm there ill see what else i add to it, performance wise....what do you guys think?? any tips/reccomendations are greatly appreciated :)

post-12619-1209058941_thumb.jpg

post-12619-1209058967_thumb.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got smoked by an F-150? Never had that happen to me, except to the Ford Lightning. Did u lose to Ford Lightning? If u wanna build some power get Volant or AEM Cold Air Intake, exhaust,headers, a tune. With some bolt on it should really wake up your truck.

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

what would you guys say that the best brand for C.A.I. would be?? how much HP/TRQ would be gained?

K&N, Volant, and AEM are the popular ones here, each one has it's pro's and con's, they all pretty much do the same thing. You can gain somewhere around 10hp with a good CAI. :chevy:

• 3 weeks later...
how much would all that run me? like for the CAI, CAt back, and custom tune? wat brand of CAt bak also?? and single or dual? :)

Between the three it will probably cost you around $1k. Single or dual exit cat-back is your choice. Corsa, Magnaflow, and Borla seem to be the popular cat-back systems here. :chevy:

LQ9 :driving::omg: 345 horses and 380 lb.-ft. of torque :cheers: nice wonder how much that would be im liking that idea desrtrat :thumbs:

I have a LS1 out of a 2002 Ram air Trans Am. 39K on it. I even have all the accessories so you can use the LS6 intake. motor and trans is still in one piece as well as the front accessory drive. O also have the electric fans off of it too. I drove the car for about an hour then pulled it all out.