B&m Console Shifter Install

dozer

Its purely for assedics. I would need a after market tach to manually shift at the rpms that my cam runs out at. I had one in my fist car a 1973 Camro. It was one of the first projects me and the old Man did. Its not for eveyone and is alot of work for a floor shifter I will admit.

Ahem, aesthetics... I'm not one to turn into a spelling nazi in most cases, but that word was murdered!!! LOL!

I agree though, has nothing to do with manually shifting, just makes it look right.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem, aesthetics... I'm not one to turn into a spelling nazi in most cases, but that word was murdered!!! LOL!

your not part of the murdered club so you can't use that word! :cool::D

floor shifter looks nice, but I'll leave mine right where it is.

I agree though, has nothing to do with manually shifting, just makes it look right.

See what a high school edgeamacation will get you. These last few treads are thew most writing and spelling Iv done in 14 year since I left school and started running big iron lol. I thought it was big word Tuesday and my wife who is a CPA with all schoolin was not here to ask for the spelling. Its offical im no good at the internet.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

See what a high school edgeamacation will get you. These last few treads are thew most writing and spelling Iv done in 14 year since I left school and started running big iron lol. I thought it was big word Tuesday and my wife who is a CPA with all schoolin was not here to ask for the spelling. Its offical im no good at the internet.

LOL! Here's one for you http://dictionary.reference.com/ maks simpul guyz lik us luk gudder. :cheers:

Hey, it's a helluva good write up, pictures and all. We can forgive a few misspellings! I think we only have a few Einsteins on the site. :)

We need completed install pics. That looks awesome man, great write up

There is a link in my first post of this tread that will show pics of it in my 408 build tread. There is a limit of how many pics you can post in a tread so i kept it to min.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

You realize that is a manual shifter in your pic and mine is for an auto. This is a Ratchet action shifter for an auto and is unlike a stock floor mount auto shifter. You have to pull up on the T handle with your finger to get it out of park, it then drops down and back staying in the same position for D321 and only mover up or down one shift at a time no matter how hard you push on it .Yes you can get a shorter shifter but will not fit where i have it. You might check say B&M.com for handles.

You realize that is a manual shifter in your pic and mine is for an auto. This is a Ratchet action shifter for an auto and is unlike a stock floor mount auto shifter. You have to pull up on the T handle with your finger to get it out of park, it then drops down and back staying in the same position for D321 and only mover up or down one shift at a time no matter how hard you push on it .Yes you can get a shorter shifter but will not fit where i have it. You might check say B&M.com for handles.

ya i know that is a manual...i just didnt know if there was a different shaft you could buy...i see that level that you have to pull up on now...i will look around for some knobs...thanks