B&m Console Shifter Install

dozer

ya i know that is a manual...i just didnt know if there was a different shaft you could buy...i see that level that you have to pull up on now...i will look around for some knobs...thanks

Yes my shaft is a 6" they also have a 4" but it would hit if i recall. Lucky for me Summit racing is just down the street and I was able to testg fit driffrent shifter and parts and return the ones that did not work

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man you beat me too it.... i was planin on a console shifter mod for a while but cash is always an issue, i figured i would end up doin it when it was time for a new tranny... glad to see that it worked and relatively easy too... looks great bro... and that 408 is sweet...

JOE

Edited by SYSTEM-OH-SS (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
<br /><br />

<br />

<br />

Yes my shaft is a 6" they also have a 4" but it would hit if i recall. Lucky for me Summit racing is just down the street and I was able to testg fit driffrent shifter and parts and return the ones that did not work<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Oh man thats classic, I was doing some digging and came accross this seemingly unnoticed typographical humor, 6" shaft eh? Nice.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Just finished up putting this shifter in my truck. Its so much easier if you cut the tabs that the plastic b&m base screws to . I also bolted the shifter instead of sheet metal screws because it didnt seem sturdy. Nice write up man

Edited by kansasSS (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
can you tell me the part number of the b&m shifter or another link, i tried clicking on the link but it just takes me to summit racing website home page thank you
i would like to know the part number also

BMM-80680

Does this have to be shifted manually or will it drive normal too? And I'm guessing the tow/haul is gone. I got a VMax in the making and it will e a workhorse and hotrod

It just replaces the column shifter, no need to manually shift it but its easier if you do manually shift it since you won't ever miss your gear since its a ratchet mechanism. You can make a separate button for towhaul pretty easily I imagine. And yes all the lights and gear indicators work