Got The Cam In

yeah maybe flywheel HP out of a MS4 cam that only sees that kinda of gain in a 150 rpm area.

i forget the specs offhand but it was something similar a ms4 cam....it was a 23?/24? something cam i believe. and it did move the powerband a lot higher but that was on a carbed application as well without the benfits of computer tuning.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so your sayin that what the truck is doin now is nothing compared to what its gunna do when i get the converter in? what converter should i use i know thats kind of a loaded question but i mean with my mods and nitrous in the future what would yall use?

so your sayin that what the truck is doin now is nothing compared to what its gunna do when i get the converter in? what converter should i use i know thats kind of a loaded question but i mean with my mods and nitrous in the future what would yall use?

somewhere north of 3k rpm. what is tyler using in his truck?

06sssracinstripes Posted Today, 04:40 PM

i would look at your graph and see where you start to make a good amount of torque and start there. the idea of the stall is to keep the rpm's higher than normal. if its a big cam then go with at least a 3000 and probably more. the higher you go the less your gonna like it for everday applications. you also have to consider the weight of the vehicle. somewhere between a 3200 - 3400 would probably be good for a high revving engine. you will also want to do heads to get the best air flow possible and efficiency. a big cam will get alot of help with better heads. but what do i know. talk to someone who does this all the time. or wait for the gurus to chime in.

i had a 3200 stall with this cam and 4.10 gears..this was my daily driver and i towed my race car to the track with this..12,000lbs all together..i had a 40,000gvw cooler too..while he was down here i was tryin to talk him into some ls6 heads, have them ported and milled, he was eyeballin my intake more than the though of heads..trynt..just give me your money and ill spend it wisely..haha riviera..ms4 specs are 239/242 .649/.608 on a 111.5 lsa i believe..thats what im going with..along with some ported and milled 243 heads and ls1 vic jr intake and 4150 nitrous plate, 4barrel throttle plate

i have to save up some money for the move back home in may, then after that and my job gets goin good well upgrade some more and more. but right now the way it is is goin to have to do. but when we do i guess ill save up for that 3200 -3400 converter and then you can talk me into some heads and intake.