Got The Cam In

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw its just a damn dyno number..ive never cared for numbers and never have and never will..a dyno is a just a tool, not to see numbers ..he could go out and run a 13 or he could run a 15..numbers dont mean much to me..trynt posted what he made before and after and im backing him up..

i agree with you on that, i only see the way the graph looks top, but like i said it was on the same dyno for both pulls and its just weird

hey man nothing that i can explain..its on the same dyno..i worked at this dyno shop for 4-5 years..i quit this past summer but still go up there to tune cars..dunno what to tell ya it did what it did..shocked the hell outa me too and kinda pissed me off considering this cam made 351 in my lq4 with ported 241 heads and pro-prod 85 mm intake and tb..i had a 3200 stall though..his is still on the stock converter..ive been told higher stalls lose hp..acually weve had a 10 second trans am that made 320 to the wheels but had a 4800 stall..explain that

hey man nothing that i can explain..its on the same dyno..i worked at this dyno shop for 4-5 years..i quit this past summer but still go up there to tune cars..dunno what to tell ya it did what it did..shocked the hell outa me too and kinda pissed me off considering this cam made 351 in my lq4 with ported 241 heads and pro-prod 85 mm intake and tb..i had a 3200 stall though..his is still on the stock converter..ive been told higher stalls lose hp..acually weve had a 10 second trans am that made 320 to the wheels but had a 4800 stall..explain that

im not tryimg to step on your toes bro. . . . . . yeah i guess thats just how it is, some things are just never answered and left in the air. oh well im not going to loose sleep over it anyhow, but nice job on the tuning :cheers:

hey guys im sorry i missed all the action. i didnt mean to cause a rage or anything, and im not lying its not a typo.the last time we dynoed it it was bone stock with a tune ONLY then i brought it home put LTs flowmasters volant cai 160 tstat no cats and the cam, then after we finished installing the cam we retuned it and thats the numbers the same dyno put up. like tyler said its only numbers on a dyno i was just filling yall in on what the dyno told me what the difference was. when i get my stall converter i will take it to te track and see for sure, a track dont lie. dynos could be off, but we are telling you the truth and truthfully there is a big difference in the ride, its alot fast than before. havnt raced anything yet but for sure i will let you know when i get a good kill. im sorry if this pissed anyone off. like i said ill have sound clips asap

The 385 number is totally believable to me (nice job BTW :thumbs:); the 260 number is totally off, because stock SSS put down much more than that. 385-hp out of a well cammed and tuned combination is certainly not unheard of, it is the best case I think but not unreachable.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

thanks man and you know you are probably right there really is no way of knowing but the 260 is probably wrong somehow, im really not worried or interested in what the dyno wants to tell me, im interested in what the track time says you know.

Yeah well the graph could show that amount of power but also the 6500 rpms....you are reading a spike in the graph not the acutual numbers its making....I have a graph at home when I dyno'd the TBSS stock and it spiked 468hp at 6600...so yes it is BS the truck is not making that kind of power.