Jl Audio Tw5 Subwoofer

I have 4 W1 10" sub in a custom box and they sound bad ass with a 500/1 JL Slash series amp. I haven't heard of this TW5 sub, so get the specs and figure out wut type of enclosure would best fit for the speaker and ur needs also, I also say thanks for the find i'm gonna have 2 research these babies also, :cheers:

I have 4 W1 10" sub in a custom box and they sound bad ass with a 500/1 JL Slash series amp. I haven't heard of this TW5 sub, so get the specs and figure out wut type of enclosure would best fit for the speaker and ur needs also, I also say thanks for the find i'm gonna have 2 research these babies also, :cheers:

you cant go wrong with jl... all of their products are practically top of the line, i used to have 2 12" w3vs with a 500.1 amp and it was amazing.... but ive heard jl subs iwth like rockford amp are pretty bad, id suggest if you get jl subs get a nice 500.1 jl amp to go with it.

• 2 weeks later...

No one's heard one because they don't exsist. A figment on JL's imagination.

No seriously, I believe they just started shipping. It's been a long time coming....

They do look very interesting, and I have come up with a dozen different uses, just got to get my hands on one.

I had a 12" Alpine type R under the rear seat without spacing. The box was custom made but still fit. I could have run two, but chose to use the other side for storage.

Same set up im running except i have a 12" fosgate p3, sounds nice.

the tw5 is a shallow mount sub i think it's like 2 or 2.5'' deep.the 13w is out now and the 12w will be out soon

13TW5 DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS 13TW5-3 Free Air Resonance (Fs): 27.52 Hz Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.511 Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 11.230 Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.489 Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 2.10 cu. ft. / 59.47 liters One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.383 in. / 9.7 mm Reference Efficiency (no): 0.233% Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 85.87 dB SPL Effective Piston Area (Sd): 98.256 sq. in. / 0.0634 sq. m. DC Resistance (Re): 2.793 ohm Nominal Impedance (Znom): 3 ohm Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 600W Driver Displacement: 0.052 cu. ft. / 1.47 liters Net Weight: 18.6 lbs. / 8.4 kg