907 Alaska

A member PM'ed me about my vortech supercharger so I might as well just copy n paste what I said in case any of you might be interested:

cfresh138, on 16 April 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

how much are you looking to get for your charger? and is it complete

Sorry for the late reply, I've been super busy with classes and work. The charger is not complete but all you'll need is fuel pump (around $125), injectors (price depends on what size but generally 150-300 for a good set), and a tune (theres a couple guys in town with HPTuners who can do complete custom tunes specifically for YOUR needs instead of the generic superchips tune). I can help you find any of these parts if you want.

The compressor itself is used with under 5,000 miles and has been rebuilt with upgraded impeller to support 775hp. This was all professionally done by Vortech who also thoroughly inspected to ensure and guarantee quality and to meet strict requirements and specifications. The entire water cooler assembly is brand new (water pump, tank, heat exchanger, etc) which alone costs over $2300. In addition, this set up comes with 2 brand new and sealed autometer guages (boost/vac and fuel pressure = $300+), 2 pulleys (stock and smaller for extra boost), and a volant cold air intake box. Comes with all the needed hoses, fittings, etc.

I'm going to put it up on craigslist and 'd like to get $3,600 for the setup. But since you're a member here, I can probably lower it a little. I have a few offers from other young guys in town but I'd rather let it go to some NON-douchebag haha.

Just for reference, the complete supercharger kit alone would run around $6000+ brand new after shipping to AK. With pretty much just the compressor with low mileage and other parts brand new, in addition to the extra parts, this is a steal. The only reason I'm selling it is because i'm moving to CA to finish up school this summer and need the money for tuition. I'm trying to get rid of this ASAP so if you're interested and it's anywhere near your budget, let me know and we can work something out. Um... I believe thats most if not all the info.. Let me know if you need anymore. If you want, you can call or text me at (907)602-3963, my name is JV.

Here are some pix of the parts

http://smg.photobuck...tech%20Charger/

So yeah, like I said I'd lower the price for members on here but I'm not trying to give it away for free haha! I just paid $4,128 for my next semester so I could really use the money asap! :)

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled on to this thread and i'm relatively new to the site. I live in Anchorage and have a black SSS. I've seen quite a few of our trucks around and was wondering how many are on here.

I'm in Fairbanks and get down there every now and then. Mine is also the "good" color. :jester:

Yup! That was me. It turned out to be a nice day for a show. Thats a good looking truck BTW!

Thanks! It did turn out nice for the show luckily, next one I'll be at is the Bear Paw one in Eagle River. pepsicheer.gif

• 1 month later...