907 Alaska

I'm ready for summer lol. I'm probably going to hang on to the truck longer. Anywhere in town that I can get a good deal on tires? Also any recommendations on an alignment place? I also need shocks. Have you found any good ones Matt?

I'm ready for summer lol. I'm probably going to hang on to the truck longer. Anywhere in town that I can get a good deal on tires? Also any recommendations on an alignment place? I also need shocks. Have you found any good ones Matt?

I had my tires and alignment done at Alaska Tire Service so you might try there. Seems like everywhere is expensive for tires so can't offer any advise there. I need new shocks as well, I've heard Belltech street performance shocks are good ones to go with supposedly better than Bilstein shocks and good for a 0 to 2 in drop. NORCAL SS sells them I believe, http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=82. I was thinking of ordering them for my truck since my shocks are really bad.

How much did they charge, if you don't mind me asking? I don't think the rear end is off, but the front has some negative camber. I may do belltechs too.

I think its like 89 for an alignment assuming that nothing is wrong (I.e balljoints or whatever). If there is something wrong I think they charge like $40 to tell you whatever is wrong with the front end, my friend had bad ball joints when he took his regular silverado there. Ya your probaly right the rear ends don't get off alignment usually.

How did you drop your truck? Did you need an alignment after?

I used 2" drop shakles in the rear and I turned down the torsion bars in the front to level it with the rear. I got the alignment back in 09 and its due for another one now that the front end is lowered but I just haven't got around to it since its not to far off. So I'll probably get one later this spring.

Did you trim your front bumpstops? I think I lowered my front too low if it's got negative camber lol

No I never trimmed them, seems to ride great without them trimmed, but I don't have it lowered a ton either just enough to make it look nice. Mine has some negative camber after I lowered it but not too much. I do still need an alignment to fix that. lol We should get all the SS's together this summer and see how many we can get in one spot lol.

Bump! Hows the AK break up weather treating your guys SS's out there? Mines needing some new shocks for sure but its doing great otherwise!

-haul@ss saw your truck over by the diamond fred meyars/joanns. That is such a nice truck. pepsicheer.gif

If anyone wants we should see if we can setup a SS meet up when the weather gets better!

Thanks man, someone lightly rear ended me in a parking lot so theres a minor crack in the roll pan and scratch in the tailgate.. Plus my bumper grill is kinda messed up from me hitting a parking block. I'm thinking i probably should have raised the front up a bit for the winter hahaha. But break up season sucks! Cant even keep the truck clean for more than a day!

I have the street performance shocks and love em. Still doesnt ride as smooth as i would like but my truck isnt exactly at the ideal height for ride quality haha

oh and I'll be getting my alignments done at alaska spring. I hear they do good work and are about 89 bucks.

Hows everyone else doing? I'm moving to San Jose, CA after the summer so if anyone wants a nice supercharger for cheap, let me know! Half the parts are brand new and it comes with extras! :D

And im down to meet up, just text me! 907-602-3963

Thanks man, someone lightly rear ended me in a parking lot so theres a minor crack in the roll pan and scratch in the tailgate.. Plus my bumper grill is kinda messed up from me hitting a parking block. I'm thinking i probably should have raised the front up a bit for the winter hahaha. But break up season sucks! Cant even keep the truck clean for more than a day!

I have the street performance shocks and love em. Still doesnt ride as smooth as i would like but my truck isnt exactly at the ideal height for ride quality haha

oh and I'll be getting my alignments done at alaska spring. I hear they do good work and are about 89 bucks.

Hows everyone else doing? I'm moving to San Jose, CA after the summer so if anyone wants a nice supercharger for cheap, let me know! Half the parts are brand new and it comes with extras! :D

And im down to meet up, just text me! 907-602-3963

Glad to hear your still on the site! That sucks someone rear ended you, when I saw your truck even though it was dirty it still looked nice! Glad to hear some feedback on the street performance shocks, still need to order those but I keep having to put them off. Hmm alaska spring I'll have to remember them for alignments. We'll have to meet up sometime in a couple of weeks, my number is 242-3867.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

You guys just need to plan something around when the first races are. I am thinking I am going to come down and run a few times in the test and tune session and call it good. I think.....

Anyways I am down for a get together. I plan on coming down for the first races to just see what my truck runs and then come back the second time to see any improvements. I am down there quite a bit since my sister in law lives in Eagle River. But I usually drive the Tbss down, since it is a pretty cush ride.

You guys just need to plan something around when the first races are. I am thinking I am going to come down and run a few times in the test and tune session and call it good. I think.....

Anyways I am down for a get together. I plan on coming down for the first races to just see what my truck runs and then come back the second time to see any improvements. I am down there quite a bit since my sister in law lives in Eagle River. But I usually drive the Tbss down, since it is a pretty cush ride.

Sounds good we should plan something, I have no clue when though any ideas? Like you said maybe sometime when your in town for the drags? I'll be out at the track for the Kool Cruise with the 69 on May 21st at 12:00. Before that I'll be at the Northway mall from 8-12 for the show part then they cruise out there at 12. pepsicheer.gif

Sounds good we should plan something, I have no clue when though any ideas? Like you said maybe sometime when your in town for the drags? I'll be out at the track for the Kool Cruise with the 69 on May 21st at 12:00. Before that I'll be at the Northway mall from 8-12 for the show part then they cruise out there at 12. pepsicheer.gif

*** EDIT thats the Sears Mall.

*** EDIT thats the Sears Mall.

Ok. Well I put my request form at work to take off the 19-22 of May. I am planning on going to look around the car show and then go get a few passes at the track. Can't wait to get a new baseline time. Any ways I will be in Eagle River all weekend. Let me know if you guys want to do another get together other than the races.

Has any of you guys ever delt with Rogers auto in palmer? I guess he has done alot of ls tuning with hpt. I am going to try to get together with him at his shop on friday and check things out.

-Justin

Ok. Well I put my request form at work to take off the 19-22 of May. I am planning on going to look around the car show and then go get a few passes at the track. Can't wait to get a new baseline time. Any ways I will be in Eagle River all weekend. Let me know if you guys want to do another get together other than the races.

Has any of you guys ever delt with Rogers auto in palmer? I guess he has done alot of ls tuning with hpt. I am going to try to get together with him at his shop on friday and check things out.

-Justin

Sweet that sounds awesome, I'll see you there in May for the Cruise!

I'll also be out in Eagle River this Saturday for the Car Show out there with the 69 hopefully. I'm repainting the the passenger side door tonight.

I've heard good things about Roger in Palmer, talked to a guy last week that had him tune his truck and he was happy with the results. I was also thinking of seeing if he could do a street tune for the 69 in a couple weeks.

If you want to meet up at one of these shows/races give me a call/text 242-3867.

Matt