907 Alaska

I had perfectionist do a Compustar in my first truck about 3 years ago, truck is long gone but it worked pretty good. I now have done my own installations in my SS I put in a Viper 5901 and I even put one in my 69 to just for fun its a Compustar Pro which is pretty cool. But if I had to pick between the two I would go with the viper since it just works better lol. pepsicheer.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The viper is my choice as well. John at Kreative installed my viper SST two years ago; haven't had a problem yet. He originally installed a scoche(compustar) when I first bought my truck; some parts of town there was no range.

Had my muffler swapped this week; for something a little quieter. Cut out the 3"dual in dual out magnaflow and went with a 50 series flowmaster dual 2 3/4 in dual 2 1/2 out. There is definitely more back pressure than there was before.

• 2 months later...

Bump, Anyone still up here? lol, How your guys trucks surviving the winter? driving.gif

Lol. What's up Matt? I'm still up here. Just been gone most of the winter. I have been making 2 to 3 trips a week from fairbanks to prudhoe bay for the last 2 or 3 months. Kinda sucks. My truck has been in the garage since before it snowed and is still in there in a million pieces :yellow_loser: ! I am getting closer though.

I lost my tranny at the end of august and when I pulled the tranny, I decided to do the front mount setup(tired of lossing oil pumps at 40 below, and plugging the filter with snow). So it is slowly getting there. I am hoping to have it running for Christmas. Really hoping to see low 12's or high 11's out of this thing this summer.:fingersx:

How is your old chevy coming together. Been following your build along quite a bit. Looks good! Man that is a sweet truck in person. Pictures just dont do it justice!

Lol. What's up Matt? I'm still up here. Just been gone most of the winter. I have been making 2 to 3 trips a week from fairbanks to prudhoe bay for the last 2 or 3 months. Kinda sucks. My truck has been in the garage since before it snowed and is still in there in a million pieces :yellow_loser: ! I am getting closer though.

I lost my tranny at the end of august and when I pulled the tranny, I decided to do the front mount setup(tired of lossing oil pumps at 40 below, and plugging the filter with snow). So it is slowly getting there. I am hoping to have it running for Christmas. Really hoping to see low 12's or high 11's out of this thing this summer.:fingersx:

How is your old chevy coming together. Been following your build along quite a bit. Looks good! Man that is a sweet truck in person. Pictures just dont do it justice!

Hey! Well that sucks, your transmission went out, then again your truck is putting down some big power being turbo charged!! drool.gif That front mount setup should be even better! Get some pics of it on here when you get it up and running!

I think you should definetly be able to get those times out of it. Hows that thing run when it's that cold out? Are there any other turbo'd SSS's even up here? I haven't really heard of any except for yours! thumb.gif

Thanks, the old C10 is coming along good, motors in and running with a zippy base tune! Sounds sweet, and crazy if you open the cutout, somehow it seems like the 6.0L with the higher comp ratio seems to make the exhaust a bit louder as well but mostly just the sound of a nice cam is what I like! Things I'm still working is the Brake System is really messed up, and its going to get lowered a lot more. Another thing is I'm thinking I need to upgrade to some long tube headers on it, instead of the shorty block hugger S10 LS1 swap headers. I don't think they will flow very well for the 6.0L. Anyway's I'll run it at the track in the spring and see what it'll do! dunno.gif

what's up everyone, its been awhile! My truck is hating this winter, haha. Battery died when it was super cold. autostart is acting up. thinking it's time for a Bimmer!!! hahaha. is anyone having a problem with their speedo? mine's sticking sometimes. and it said i was going 120 when i wasn't, haha. i'm over 90,000 now so i know warrenty is out of the question.

what's up everyone, its been awhile! My truck is hating this winter, haha. Battery died when it was super cold. autostart is acting up. thinking it's time for a Bimmer!!! hahaha. is anyone having a problem with their speedo? mine's sticking sometimes. and it said i was going 120 when i wasn't, haha. i'm over 90,000 now so i know warrenty is out of the question.

Hey! The problem with the speedo, is a common problem with these trucks clusters. I haven't had the problem but my dad's 2004 GMC had it and the dealership replaced it under his extended warranty. There is a guy on ebay that you can send your cluster to and he will fix it. If your good with soldiering you can replace the stepper motor and fix it yourself. pepsicheer.gif

Hey! Well that sucks, your transmission went out, then again your truck is putting down some big power being turbo charged!! drool.gif That front mount setup should be even better! Get some pics of it on here when you get it up and running!

I think you should definetly be able to get those times out of it. Hows that thing run when it's that cold out? Are there any other turbo'd SSS's even up here? I haven't really heard of any except for yours! thumb.gif

Well, I got it all done finally! The truck is up and running again after being down after 2 months!:yellow_loser: I can't even believe the difference in effiency vs. the rear mount setup. I got the front mount setup on, and had a 4" exhaust built for it and put on a mbrp(friend gave it to me to try)muffler. I had my truck tuned pretty close everywhere under boost to be around 11.2. Now if I even TOUCH any boost I go richer than 10.0! So I got alot of ve table work it looks like again. But man the truck sounds pretty good, and it builds boost really quick. I got a couple of pics, but the engine bay has alot of cleanup work left to do. Lol, I'll be alittle distraut if your C-10 spanks me!:ph34r:

euokty.jpg2wg80pe.jpg

Please don't hang me. I know it looks bad. It's definitly more business than looks. But I will try to clean it up some more.:fingersx:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any problems with a coolant leak at all? Noticed my truck running hotter so I checked the coolant and it was super low!! Thus stupid truck is falling apart lol. Heated seats aren't working, cluster is being replaced and now this... BMW is sounding so good right now lol

Well, I got it all done finally! The truck is up and running again after being down after 2 months!:yellow_loser: I can't even believe the difference in effiency vs. the rear mount setup. I got the front mount setup on, and had a 4" exhaust built for it and put on a mbrp(friend gave it to me to try)muffler. I had my truck tuned pretty close everywhere under boost to be around 11.2. Now if I even TOUCH any boost I go richer than 10.0! So I got alot of ve table work it looks like again. But man the truck sounds pretty good, and it builds boost really quick. I got a couple of pics, but the engine bay has alot of cleanup work left to do. Lol, I'll be alittle distraut if your C-10 spanks me!:ph34r:

euokty.jpg2wg80pe.jpg

Please don't hang me. I know it looks bad. It's definitly more business than looks. But I will try to clean it up some more.:fingersx:

Wow that's sweet you got it done, can you get some bigger pics up those are tiny... This spring you'll have to bring it down to AK Raceway and see what it'll run! I'm not even sure what the C10 will run, but I've finally got the brakes working correctly before I left for vacation so at least I can stop it's new found power. That must be interesting to tune that setup, I'm still getting no where fast in the world of tuning, I need to get some idle stuff figured out. Want to come tune it? biggrinjester.gif

Anyone have any problems with a coolant leak at all? Noticed my truck running hotter so I checked the coolant and it was super low!! Thus stupid truck is falling apart lol. Heated seats aren't working, cluster is being replaced and now this... BMW is sounding so good right now lol

Best thing I've heard to do when you have possibly slow leak like that is have the cooling system pressure tested to pinpoint the leak. I'm not sure who can do that in Anchorage but I know there are a couple radiator shops that could probably do it. A BMW? That might be a lot more expensive to fix than the SS...biggrinjester.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump! Hows the AK break up weather treating your guys SS's out there? Mines needing some new shocks for sure but its doing great otherwise!

-haul@ss saw your truck over by the diamond fred meyars/joanns. That is such a nice truck. pepsicheer.gif

If anyone wants we should see if we can setup a SS meet up when the weather gets better!