Z0 6 Six Piston Brake Upgrade

detjoe

the abs isnt going to come on unless the wheel stops/locks up.... its going to use plenty of fluid. i dont think thats an issue. i was just referring to the proportioning, front to rear.

you have a good point on the brackets... i hope he can keep up with all the orders. the calipers i will get in bulk, will drop ship from kp. (other than me personally delivering them to drako lol). art where did you get that price?

EDIT: to give you all an example of the ABS, sad for me but.... at the time i had my 3/3.5" drop, baer alumisports all arround, 24" wheels, 305/35/24 BF KDWII tires.... i was going about 40 mph cruising like two lengths behind a TL acura when he decides to turn into a small parking lot at like 30 mph just a few yards before it. so i slow down quickly with him, and he starts to turn. at the same time, a car backs out without looking in the parking lot. the TL locks up half way into the lot, half onto the highway. so i stopted as hard as i could. i made it by like 5 feet, then i look in my rearview and see a volvo going about 35 mph in a panic stop. long story short- volvo was behind me, and i outstopted it. badly. it was an 05 S60. i also outstopted the TL, otherwise i wouldve hit him for sure. so i am pretty damn sure my brakes and especially ABS work fine. AND now you all know how i came to know robert @ BSER :lol:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the calipers i will get in bulk, will drop ship from kp. (other than me personally delivering them to drako lol). art where did you get that price?

what is your price for the front calipers??? i'm in miami so shipping would not be an issue....

what is your price for the front calipers??? i'm in miami so shipping would not be an issue....

i wont know till (hopefully) later this week. im still unable to work...

havent even seen the truck for almost two weeks.... :(

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

sweet if you get the caliper cost down a bit it would be an even more tempting upgrade. the bracket cost does not seem too bad.

Would adding the front only screw up my brakeing??? I just was going to do the front.

sweet if you get the caliper cost down a bit it would be an even more tempting upgrade. the bracket cost does not seem too bad.

Would adding the front only screw up my brakeing??? I just was going to do the front.

I'm only going to do the fronts as well. With a pad and line upgrade, the stock disc rears should balance well with the Z06 calipers up front.

I'm only going to do the fronts as well. With a pad and line upgrade, the stock disc rears should balance well with the Z06 calipers up front.

Aside from that carb intake our trucks are going to be twins :cheers:

This mod is on my to do list. If i remember correctly 1bad2k is going to do the conversion.

yessir :cheers: i have all the parts except the brake pads...... all 12 of them for the front and the actual brackets. i paid for them about 3 weeks ago which reminds me that i need to email that guy lol.

you can find the caliper cheaper on ebay brand NEW. at gm parts they are like $210 each, so dealers will pay more even at cost

what about the guys with the drums in the rear...like me. I assume that there would not be any issues by doing just the fronts? And what kind of price are we looking at for just the fronts? I see 210 for each caliper, what about the rotors, brackets, and other equipment for the front?

what about the guys with the drums in the rear...like me. I assume that there would not be any issues by doing just the fronts? And what kind of price are we looking at for just the fronts? I see 210 for each caliper, what about the rotors, brackets, and other equipment for the front?

You could do a drum/disk conversion. I have drums in the rear too, and also just going to do the front for now. Price wise 1000 give or take for the front.

Click on the link at GMFS, there is lots of info over there :thumbs:

I had my parts guy at work look up the front Z06 calipers- $468 retail- my cost as a tech is like $250 I think. So for a front conversion it would cost me about $1000. I looked em up on ebay too and there were some front pairs for like $560