Z0 6 Six Piston Brake Upgrade

detjoe

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably going to jump on the bandwagon also. I plan on doing C6 Z06 F/R with Hawk HPS Pads, Braided truck lines, etc.

Is there any OTHER alternative to the powerslots? They aren't the best looking rotors, but I guess they look better than my stockers!

The pics on GMFS show a pretty meaty aluminum adapter, so I don't think the longevity will be an issue with this set-up....IMO.

my only real concer is about the ABS. after doing some research, most ABS systems limit the performance of multiple piston calipers when not properly balanced for your vehicle, therefore not allowing the full clamping force of the new caliper. so these calipers were designed for the Z06 in mind and its ABS system. just food for thought

my only real concer is about the ABS. after doing some research, most ABS systems limit the performance of multiple piston calipers when not properly balanced for your vehicle, therefore not allowing the full clamping force of the new caliper. so these calipers were designed for the Z06 in mind and its ABS system. just food for thought

in that case, we should all be worried about every aftermarket system. because theyre not really "designed" for our trucks, just the rotors and brackets are. in any case the ABS isnt going to function as perfectly as it did stock. in 05 they added that stupid "rear proportioning" mode in the ABS, and now they never even get a chance to lock up. its just something that happens when you mess with stock applications. id still tell you any day that my truck will outstop a stock truck all day long tho

in that case, we should all be worried about every aftermarket system. because theyre not really "designed" for our trucks, just the rotors and brackets are. in any case the ABS isnt going to function as perfectly as it did stock. in 05 they added that stupid "rear proportioning" mode in the ABS, and now they never even get a chance to lock up. its just something that happens when you mess with stock applications. id still tell you any day that my truck will outstop a stock truck all day long tho

you should take a look at STOPTECH web site, they explain it in full depth there

but you get what im saying right...? no aftermarket system i have ever seen or installed is anywhere near proportional to the stock setup, then add the aftermarket tires and wheels most have, and the ABS doesnt know whats going on

no i see your point though

Will a stock SSS wheel even clear these calipers? I just re-read pages 7-9 of GMFS and saw how speedaddict needed to use a small spacer to get these to clear his wheels!?

Teddy

yes they do clear on STOCK wheels