Z0 6 Six Piston Brake Upgrade

detjoe

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following it on GMFS. It is a great and MUCH cheaper alternative to bears. However I am sitting on the fence and will be for a while until I see a few more install's and the longevity is tested.

From what I remember the brackets are under $200 for all 4. Whats pricey is the actual calipers.

does someone finally make brackets? i tried the vette brackets on my SSS and they werent even close to fitting. i had this idea over a year ago.... to no sucess.

but if someone makes reputable brackets id be happy to provide your GP! no one will be let down with the prices :D

does someone finally make brackets? i tried the vette brackets on my SSS and they werent even close to fitting. i had this idea over a year ago.... to no sucess.

but if someone makes reputable brackets id be happy to provide your GP! no one will be let down with the prices :D

Some one over at gmfullsize.com makes them. Ill get you the link.

Here you go.The link

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

looks pretty good... it was fairly confusing whether they would work with the baer eradispeeds or not. i dont like the powerslots, for cosmetic reasons.

i have a truck at the shop and i think the owner will jump on this, so i can get a set on there and get some pictures and results up.

looks pretty good... it was fairly confusing whether they would work with the baer eradispeeds or not. i dont like the powerslots, for cosmetic reasons.

i have a truck at the shop and i think the owner will jump on this, so i can get a set on there and get some pictures and results up.

John I am pretty sure if a few more of "you people" ( :jester: the tech guys) give the ok on the design and in practice application of this.....people will frekin jump on this. (me included )

ive already sold my set i was going to use so there will be some that will be trying it for sure.

btw , the baer 6s kit uses aluminum brackets as long as they are thick enough it hsould be fine.

These are a steal, I'm glad to see someone did the legwork and figured it out. Basically performance 14" brakes for the price of Alumasports but with 6-pistons up front and I'm sure none of the dreaded brake squeal as the pads wear down.

Mr. P. :)