There Is No Gas Shortage!

yttaf

Yeah it's out of control... 2.5 years ago when I got this truck gas was well under 2 bucks a gallon (in the 1.80's). Then ever since Katrina it's been a mad dash to top off any time I see it under 3 bucks a gallon.

see it under 3 bucks a gallon! man i wish. gas is around 3.89-4.15 where i am!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why the candidates never talk about our gas prices I mean what the hell is gonig on is there a conspiracy we don't know about .. If oil companies are making big buck even if they get pounded with hurricanes and thier oil wells destroyed and they still make money how?

gas actually isnt THAT expensive, its pretty much right where it should be. i know a lot of u wont believe me and thats fine. there is a website, i dont remember the name of it, and it has inflation and gas prices, and u can type in the exact date and city and it will tell u the gas prices for that year, then figure out the inflation and everything and tell u how much it should be right now, and what it is actually at. its within 10cents of where it should be. people just think its a lot higher, because it jumped so suddenly in a short amount of time.

What ever happened to the old cost of living raises? I can't speak for everyone, but I know everything has gone up here except for my wages. Plus both my wife & I have to commute to work everyday cause the small town we live in doesn't pay jack crap!

I sold my SS cause of gas prices...I bought mine and gas was less than $2/gal. I have a rice rocket now that's fun to drive plus it's not bad on speed itself. Although I am getting the new G8 GXP when my lease is up.

For the lawn and landscape business we run diesel vehicles only and we make our own fuel out of non-hydrogenated cooking oil for around $1/gal. That's what we were forced to do with diesel over $4/gal and not wanting to raise our prices substantially to customers.

I work for a wireline company. I run the specialty tools, mainly in the west but every once in awhile I get down your way.

Cool man next time your down this way give me a holla !!! I also work in the oil and gas field ! I am a measurement tech i prove LACT meters and calibrate gas meters as well!!!