There Is No Gas Shortage!

yttaf

Its getting bad here in Florida, We got 18 Wheelers going on strike becuase they are paying 4 dollars a gallon and there pay is not going up, bad part is since nothing can make it to the store without them everything else is going up. Its insane. Also bad part is I havent heard any presidential candidates talk about gas prices...I guess no one cares. Gas is usally a coupld of cents cheaper on base but still cost me 80 bucks to fill up. :crazy:

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to tell you this but we are getting scammed at the pumps. Think about this; gasoline was $1.10 when Bill Clinton was elected president and it went up to $1.30 when he left. I don't have to tell you how much it went up when we got a president and vise president in office are in bed with BIG OIL. Bottom line is we don't have decline in gas reserves and we should be paying somewhere around $1.50 for gas. I work in the oil and gas business and it sickens me to see how much Big Oil makes. The company I work for hasn't raised their prices for their services....Big Oil just keeps making record breaking PROFIT!

He brother i see you work in the oil and gas business what do you do???

it's crazy, but what could the average middle class or anyone else do?

I'm not sold on this e-85 crap because being from Iowa, has made everything else go up too. These companies are buying up all the corn which is raising the prices of feed which ends up raising the price of eggs & milk!!! I never thought I'd have to pay $2 for a dozen eggs & now mik is right in line with gas!!!

There are atleast 6 ethanol plants within a 30 mile radius of each other.

yeah, fuel prices suck. My parents run a trucking company and the fuel bill last month was just under $30,000. Two hundred gallon tanks, 5-6 mpg and 4 trucks running really sucks the stuff down, and it really adds up at $4+ a gallon.

it's crazy, but what could the average middle class or anyone else do?

I'm not sold on this e-85 crap because being from Iowa, has made everything else go up too. These companies are buying up all the corn which is raising the prices of feed which ends up raising the price of eggs & milk!!! I never thought I'd have to pay $2 for a dozen eggs & now mik is right in line with gas!!!

be glad your not out here on the west coast.. :mad::banghead: my food bill has almost doubled in the last 6 mo. i use to get away with about $55.00 per week between my daughter and myself, now it's almost $90.00 for the same things we buy each week... :sigh: and the thing is IT'S only going to get WORSE..

:seeya:

yeah, fuel prices suck. My parents run a trucking company and the fuel bill last month was just under $30,000. Two hundred gallon tanks, 5-6 mpg and 4 trucks running really sucks the stuff down, and it really adds up at $4+ a gallon.

That sucks!! My dad's business is hurting too. We have (20) one-ton trucks that are driven daily.

we all know of the alternative fuel vehicles but a lot of us like me don't want to give in to neutered vehicles. my truck likes his balls left alone.

that is very true Alan, couldnt of said it better myself

...I'm not sold on this e-85 crap because being from Iowa, has made everything else go up too. These companies are buying up all the corn which is raising the prices of feed which ends up raising the price of eggs & milk!!! I never thought I'd have to pay $2 for a dozen eggs & now mik is right in line with gas!!! ...

:withstupid: EXACTLY - ethanol is going to ruin our economy, as farmers stop growing food and start growing fuel the price of everything in the supermarket is going to go through the roof.

Mr. P.

So, what are our options? What do we need to do to let these rich beaurocrats know that everything is going to rise in price to a point where people can't afford to buy anything.

well we can always vote them out of office, :thumbs: but then we will have a new bunch of crooks to worry about. they do not seem to care how much thing cost, as long as there off shore investments and bank accounts are fat, then they will continue to piss on us working people...

i talked with my Dad a couple days ago, and we talked about how bad things are getting, and he is old enough to remember when he said "i see 1929 right around the corner again"... :sigh:

:seeya:

Oil will continue to rise until the consumers revolt and reduce the amount of fuel they're buying. If you really want it to send a noticable message don't go on vacation this summer. If you do go, take a train, they're amazingly fuel efficient. It's no accident refineries go out for maintenance in the summer. They know you're going be driving or flying somewhere and it's going to require some fuel burn. If we're all such car enthusiasts, we should cancel shows to discourage driving. Think of it as a protest. I took my 6.2 diesel Blazer out of mothballs to run this summer. It gets 20 mpg. The SSS will go out strictly on Sundays and not too far.