How To - Strap Your Front End

04CHASE

I feel he is innovative in the materials used, mounting locations and write up albeit this approach will only apply to like 1% of the forum members :thumbs:

Innovative is just the wrong word, that's all. I'm not sure why it bugs me so much, maybe it's my time of the month? ...but the materials and mounting locations are not "never seen before" or "ahead of the times", which are definitions of the word. Informative? Yes. Innovative, I can't agree.

The writeup does include adaptive fabrication to the lowered SSS specific installation and does get a thumbs up. :thumbs:

I too have researched the limiter strap idea for the SSS, but since I don't have that problem yet, it's never been a top priority. I know they work though as I did use some on my Ford Contour (3l swap, ran a 13.4 all motor in FULL street trim).

Sorry, I'll stop posting for a while until my head clears up. I feel like I'm taking away from Chase's post when I actually really like to see how easy it was to install something like this on an SSS.

BE SURE TO LET US KNOW HOW THEY WORK CHASE!!! :cheers:

Very innovative Chase :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

:confused: Innovative? Have you never seen limiter straps before? I mean, not to take anything away from Chase for doing the install with pics and writeup, but limiting straps (even chains) have been around just about as long as drag racing...

:rolleyes: Please forgive my poor choice of words, all I was trying to express is that I thought it was a great idea, regardless of where it came from. Nobody is trying to steal anyone else's thunder here...

Mr. P.

great topic chase... way to show others one way of doing it...

This board needs more write ups like this one, along with the Baer brake evaluation Art did.... not to mention the usual cadre of posters with great info...

keep them coming guys...

:thumbs:

:withstupid:

Great How-to i havent seen one of these in a while... :thumbs:

Where you at Mr. P?? :D

so how does limiting droop prevent wheel spin? I know they use these on trophy trucks so they dont blow their shocks all the time by over extending them but its pretty damn cool seeing one on a street truck.

it will limit weight transfer to the rear of the truck where the wheel spin takes place with most of the wieght off of the front end. if you can keep the weight planted on the front it will help keep the wheels planted.

back on topic please....

thanks dave and thank you guys for the comments,

i can put these kits together , although not innovative, effective, i know it will help but i also am one of those people who has a problem and does anything and everything in the book possible to correct it.

im strapping the front, removing the front baer 6s calipers to replace with the old alumsports, i just ordered some brand spanking new centerline 18 x 9.5 dagger wheels today ( finally a partial sponser) so i can run drag radials again . i am waiting for caltracs to possibly sponser me .

so either cal tracs or i will have my friend cnc me some leaf spring clamps.

if i dont hook i dont know i can do . a nice e locker for the front would kick ass, but not happening. also have some tie rod mods im still learning about.

maybe try driving through bunch of coca cola, lol i dont know , but i do know is i will be driving through the waterbox again :devil:

next eveent is waiting on track approval and that the 25th of april is the day.

i think it may break something when i hook though

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)