Garage Size

eric.dally

My old house had a 32 x 36 Pole Building for a garage. One of the most important design features of my new house was a garage that was equal to or larger than that in size.

I now have a Built in/Attached 31 x 40 garage with two 16 x 8' doors. It has an additional 16 x 8 storage area and is also Insulated and Heated. I also had an outlet for the central vac installed in the garage for cleaning the cars/trucks.

With this size, I can fit the SS, my Silverado CC with 8' bed, my 72 Malibu, and my 98 Cobra. I can also fit a 7 x 12 ATV Trailer and 2 ATV's.

I am looking for another building right now strictly for storage of a collection I am building. I am also renting a 2 car garage from a neighbor right now.

My last home had a 2 car garage 20x24, not bad for the SS but only the SS...not really a two car IMO. My current home, I designed the garage around my the toys...its about 1000sq/ft. One side (where the wife parks) is 14x26 and the other is 14x46 (my side). I can park my boat (21.5ft) and SS together. IMO you can never have a garage thats to big, I wish mine was bigger already...

Everyone it talking square footage on the floor. Don't forget overhead. If you can get a higher ceiling in the garage, you want it. Storage lifts with sliding jack trays are like $2k. It turns one bay into two. Not to mention, it's nice to get under the vehicle for maintenance.

I'm in the middle of building right now. I am getting a 24x26 attached garage and a 36x40 pole building. should be enough to house everything and work in. I have a 24x27 currently and it's enough to work in, but it could be a little larger.

Everyone it talking square footage on the floor. Don't forget overhead. If you can get a higher ceiling in the garage, you want it. Storage lifts with sliding jack trays are like $2k. It turns one bay into two. Not to mention, it's nice to get under the vehicle for maintenance.

Looking at this one right now... http://www.revolutionlifts.com/

hotLift.jpg

A garage can never be too big thats what i say. Get the biggest one possible. My dad has a 2500 square foot garage (50X50) and its not big enuf. He always kicks himself for not building it at least 50X70 if not 70X70. Can you imagine a 4,900 square foot garage how cool would that have been