Garage Size

eric.dally

Well guys, I'm looking at buying a new house and my only real requirement is that it has to have a two car garage that is deep enough for me to put my truck in there. I was wondering how deep some of your guys garages are and how much extra room you have to work on your truck while its in the garage? :confused:

I was lucky enough to build my garage around my toys. My garage is 26' deep, has 2' deep shelving and my SSS still has enough room for my big ass to get all around it with the door closed.

Garage space is used up quick so find one as big as possible. I made an oversized 2 car (800ft2) and still have space issues. I had to do a detached 16x32 garage on top of it all once said and done :(

My garage is 21 deep by ? wide. Standard attached 2 car garage. Truck fits in with about 1 1/2" extra. If the door is closed there is no way to get behind the truck. Absolutely NO room to work mon it unless it's sticking out in the driveway. I'd say 24' is probably the minimum to be able to work with the door closed.

I sign on a house on Thursday, finally!....My stipulation on buying a house was had to have atleast a 2 car detached. I got 1 with an insulated 28' wide, 32' deep 10' ceiling pole barn instead. :thumbs: You can never have a garage too big, so dont settle...build if you can.

My garage is 40x30 but only has two doors,I only use 24(wide)x30(deep) for storing vehicles,30 deep is perfect,if it is empty you can get all around the truck with the doors closed very easily,but since it is never empty I can still close the doors and get around the truck with motorcycles and atv's in there,it just takes some creative rearranging.I would say minimum to get around it comfortably would br 26-27 ft deep.

When I built my house, the garage was a priority. 985 sq ft 3 car bay for me. The main 2 car bay is 25'X25'. The third bay is 36'x10'. I park the SS in the third bay, have plenty of room to work on it, and have my 8'x10' (part of the 36'x10' area) network lab that sits in front of the SS.

:thumbs:

I only have a 17'x24" garage attached to the house that stores my 93 454ss, snowmobile, streetbike and sometimes dirtbike. Just way to close for comfort, something is going to get wrecked and the SSS still has to sit outside. Fixing that this summer, bought the lot next door and building a 40'x64' garage with full cement floor so nothing has to sit outside.