Ipod Interface

JF-03-SS

Nice work on the how-to! I would like to do this also.

Does anyone know of a kit that will allow the song titles, ect. to scroll on the stereo display?

I would rather have my ipod in a hidden location (center console pocket), so seeing the track information would be more important for me.

Perhaps fast4popper can chime in. Thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more quick question for JF-03-SS.

Where did you mount the white box for the ipod adapter?

Does it just rest somewhere behind the dash?

It just kinda sits behind the radio as you push it back in. There is no real place to mount it.

Nice work on the how-to! I would like to do this also.

Does anyone know of a kit that will allow the song titles, ect. to scroll on the stereo display?

I would rather have my ipod in a hidden location (center console pocket), so seeing the track information would be more important for me.

Perhaps fast4popper can chime in. Thanks!

USAspec makes one. just do an online search and can find it. I have an older model that doesn't do that, but the newer version with the sound dock plug will charge the iPod as well as utilize the steering wheel controls and the display.

How did you connect the yellow wire to the orange wire and similar for the black. Did you have to cut the wire and splice it or is there a place in the harness to attach the wire.

I just stripped some of the wire covering on the orange and black wires and taped the wires to them and then put tape around the whole harness to make sure they where secure.

Jeff, excellent “How-To”! :cheers: I followed it and everything was right on, except my SS did not come with XM so I just plugged the PXHGM3 into the vacant jack and left the other harness plug empty. I also ran my cable to the little compartment on the left end of the glove box door. The Ipod fits nicely out of sight in there. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jeff, excellent “How-To”! :cheers: I followed it and everything was right on, except my SS did not come with XM so I just plugged the PXHGM3 into the vacant jack and left the other harness plug empty. I also ran my cable to the little compartment on the left end of the glove box door. The Ipod fits nicely out of sight in there. :thumbs: :thumbs:

kick ass!! glad it worked out!! again nice write up!!

I am glad that this helped you out :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT WRITE UP :thumbs: . just be careful with the wires and not man handle them, they are small and can get yanked out,, right Chris ?? nudge nudge, the only problem i have is sometimes the ipod and my sirius fight over who has control of the radio, when that happens i have to hit the band button and then the cd button and this lets the module give the ipod control. love the digital sound that comes from the ipod over the bose system..

Edited by DSM04BLACKSS (see edit history)

Harmon Karmon has one that has a a little joystick and a seprate display that you mount else where, then you hide your ipod in another spot. not sure if the stereo wheel controls work for this one.. becuase it comes with a joystick that resembles the controls of the ipod functions..