Ipod Interface

JF-03-SS

i have this unit and should be writing a review soon, model number and how it works. bit tricky to use until you get used to it, will try to do this later today. it does display the the name and title and you do the function of the ipod thru the factory deck.. i have the unit that this write up was done on for sale now with pro-fit holder.. now i do not need the the holder anymore with the new unit.. we are doing a complete system with all integrated parts, tied into the factory deck.. i have sirus,subs plus the ipod/HD radio adaptor. next is using a H2 touchscreen factory radio and having this play video with the peripheral video converter, external dvd player..

Bump ...

Did You ever do a write-up on the new connector?

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just got an Ipod nano and I got a car kit but this looks better. Is there any updates?? And would this work with other radios besides the factory bose

Yes it will. It will just take a different adaptor to run the ipod.

Bump ...

Did You ever do a write-up on the new connector?

you know wat Stitch, i didn't.. forgot..thanks for reminding me.. i will get writing some time today.. and give a review on the ipod/hd radio adaptor..

Bump!

I do believe they are now making a new Pac-adapter that will display the track name on the factory deck. Catch is it is twice the money of the one I did the write up on.

These adapters will charge ipods and the I-touch but DOES NOT charge the i-phone.

Yes, you are right. PAC has the uPAC-GMC2. I got mine for around $150. on eBay, a deal for how good it works. Plug in & go, no wire splicing for the wire to charge & ground like with the Peripheral kit. I have a Itouch, but I had a friend plug his Iphone into it & it worked & charged it. I love it, displays all the music text & you can control it from the radio or Ipod (two different modes). Works with all Ipods. Also has a extra cord to beable to use a Zune or other mp3 players, but you can't control them from the radio like a Ipod & it won't charge it (it's a headphone type plug), you can also plug it into your laptop & watch movies, I've already done it. There are two plug-ins on the uPAC's control box, one for the Ipod cord & one for the other, so you can use one or the other, but one needs to be unpluged before using the other. Just thought I'd pass along my experience with it.

Edited by TheGeorgiaKid (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Yes, you are right. PAC has the uPAC-GMC2. I got mine for around $150. on eBay, a deal for how good it works. Plug in & go, no wire splicing for the wire to charge & ground like with the Peripheral kit. I have a Itouch, but I had a friend plug his Iphone into it & it worked & charged it. I love it, displays all the music text & you can control it from the radio or Ipod (two different modes). Works with all Ipods. Also has a extra cord to beable to use a Zune or other mp3 players, but you can't control them from the radio like a Ipod & it won't charge it (it's a headphone type plug), you can also plug it into your laptop & watch movies, I've already done it. There are two plug-ins on the uPAC's control box, one for the Ipod cord & one for the other, so you can use one or the other, but one needs to be unpluged before using the other. Just thought I'd pass along my experience with it.

I looked up the part# for the PAC, and its on sonicelectronix for $119, here is the link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12222_...CFRwDagodRCfP1A i have purchased items from this website before, also try going to caraudio.com it gives you a list of the top ten audio websites.

• 1 month later...

Noob here.

I installed this unit (purchased from Crutchfield) a few weeks back and aside from an annoying problem the unit works great. I was able to drill a small hole in the bottom of my console and run the cable all the way into the console where it is out of sight.

The problem I am having is that randomly the I-Pod will pause or skip to the next song. Are any of you having this problem and figured out how to fix it?

Crutchfield says that the mfg (AAMP) has a "note" about this happening with an I-Pod touch and that they have a cable that will fix it. The problem is that I am using a I-pod classic not touch. I also stayed on hold forever with AAMP. So, in the meantime I thought I would check with you all.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenley

Noob here.

I installed this unit (purchased from Crutchfield) a few weeks back and aside from an annoying problem the unit works great. I was able to drill a small hole in the bottom of my console and run the cable all the way into the console where it is out of sight.

The problem I am having is that randomly the I-Pod will pause or skip to the next song. Are any of you having this problem and figured out how to fix it?

Crutchfield says that the mfg (AAMP) has a "note" about this happening with an I-Pod touch and that they have a cable that will fix it. The problem is that I am using a I-pod classic not touch. I also stayed on hold forever with AAMP. So, in the meantime I thought I would check with you all.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenley

I have a I-Pod mini and I-phone that has no problems but when we hook up the Daughters I-touch it will randomly shut off. :confused: Maybe try out the new cable they speak of.

I bought a Peripheral PXAMG (iSimple) when Circuit City was going out of business and finally installed it the other day. I had an older USAspec iPod interface so I was in no rush. I love the fact that I can use the steering wheel to control the iPod now and when I browse the playlists, songs, artists, or albums, they appear on the stock bose face. during playback, just the timer shows.

The issue I have is that sometimes the interface freezes the iPod at start up and I have to fight with it to get it to work. Other times it plays with no issue. It might just be how I'm powering down the entire system but I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to figure out if I have the same routine or if I'm doing things different everytime and one of those patterns is creating my issue. Another thing I don't like is the interface completely overrides the ipod control wheel. So I can't turn the ipod off before I unplug it. I might just mount the iPod in the console so it's completely out of site and only remove it when I need to update it.

This unit is also made to work with an additional Peripheral HD radio adapter (HDRT). I might look into that next. I've seen them on Amazon for $80 and Crutchfield for $100.

EDIT: so after playing around with it, I have found that to eject the ipod properly and not go thru the issues I went thru, simply switch the HU back to radio before unplugging the ipod. haven't had any issues since.

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally received the new cable from AAMP/Peripheral/iSimple and it did not solve my problems. The tech support guy said that he had not heard of these issues with the 3rd generation IPOD Classic but had with IPhones. He sent the cable anyway thinking that it might help.

While it is not the end of the world it is still very annoying when you are in the middle of a good song to have it pause for no reason and at times it will just skip to the next song. Frustrating!!!

Kenley

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I have the same one as you and I only have a problem with it freezing if I turn my truck off with the Ipod set in manual mode.(aux1 or aux2) I have the 3rd gen nano.

I bought a Peripheral PXAMG (iSimple) when Circuit City was going out of business and finally installed it the other day. I had an older USAspec iPod interface so I was in no rush. I love the fact that I can use the steering wheel to control the iPod now and when I browse the playlists, songs, artists, or albums, they appear on the stock bose face. during playback, just the timer shows.

The issue I have is that sometimes the interface freezes the iPod at start up and I have to fight with it to get it to work. Other times it plays with no issue. It might just be how I'm powering down the entire system but I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to figure out if I have the same routine or if I'm doing things different everytime and one of those patterns is creating my issue. Another thing I don't like is the interface completely overrides the ipod control wheel. So I can't turn the ipod off before I unplug it. I might just mount the iPod in the console so it's completely out of site and only remove it when I need to update it.

This unit is also made to work with an additional Peripheral HD radio adapter (HDRT). I might look into that next. I've seen them on Amazon for $80 and Crutchfield for $100.

EDIT: so after playing around with it, I have found that to eject the ipod properly and not go thru the issues I went thru, simply switch the HU back to radio before unplugging the ipod. haven't had any issues since.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the peripheral Isimple PX AMG kit to my Bose and also have the same problem. Its a it quieter then CD. And I have static in the background. I emailed the company and they sent me a newer version with .36 serial number but it sounds the same.

Edited by silverSS6.0 (see edit history)

• 6 years later...