Ipod Interface

JF-03-SS

I just received my kit today. Thanks Chris

I'll probably install it tomorrow after work. Looks like a piece of cake to install. I'll let you guys know how it went :)

I also bought the kit to be able to install an AMP so I can run my SUB's.

I'll need to poke around for a how to on that one or it may be simple enough as well. If I can't figure it out, I'll give Chris a call.

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another satisfied customer!

Thanks to Chris for the parts and JF-03-S for the "How To" :)

Only took about 15 to 25 mins to install it and it works like a charm! Someone mentioned it fighting XM and I noticed that as well but I just sourced up one or two and it was nice and clear. So I guess one can say that might be a glitch but it's not biggie.

I also noticed that when I shut the system off the ipod don't turn itself off or at least mine didn't. I don't know if it's charging while the truck isn't running but the display reads charged. (I had it fully charged prior to connecting it) and my daughter mentioned that when she had the ipod I'm now using it didn't turn off in her car either with the Alpine set up. but her newer little Nano does. I guess I'll find out soon enough... It's still not tucked away because I also purchased an Amp kit from Chris. That one's going to be a little more time consuming. I've got my power wire for the amp ran and tucked from the engine compartment and connected to the amp. I got the RCA's ran and tucked to the amp from the radio area. So I just basically need to find a couple bolts for the power lead and for the ground and then splice the amp controller into the harness and I should be good to go.

I should finish it up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it sounds, I'm only going to run a single 10" and 200watts to it for now, It's just some old stuff I had laying around. I'll upgrade it probably but I just wanted to get the system wired for the amp/sub this way when the wife asks what do I want for this day or that day (Holidays) it will be an easy exchange LMAO

Hey guys, any of you guys install this on an 03 with the bose and everything? Fast4popper sent mine to me and I got it tonight but I only have a yellow wire coming off the harness and not a black one like in the pics in this thread. Anyone know why that is?

nobody has an answer, I dont have that black wire on my harness of the PXDP for some reason. Only the Yellow one, anyone know why?

Yes for_forma

I installed this on my 03 Bose with Onstar & XM, The harness had the balck wire.

I'd say it's a bad harness. Mine had both as pictured. I'd PM, Text or call Chris. I'm sure he'll take care of it for you. I wouldn't attempt hooking it up without that black (Ground Wire).

Ok guys, it looks like the adapter I got doesnt have the ground so Fast4popper told me to just hook it up with the yellow and see what happens. Now I have a few questions and some issues once again. I hooked it up and at first it didn't do anything. I checked my wires and made sure nothing got pulled apart or pinched putting it back in. With the HU out I checked it again and it worked so i buttoned it all up and then tried again with nothing. I have pulled my HU out 4 times to double check everything and everything is nice and snug and also tucked away good. If I plug the piece into the IPOD my IPOD will light up as it recognizes it being plugged in but then I still don't get anything. How do you get the ipod to play through the HU? You use the cd/aux correct?

Also when the IPOD was working for the short time through the HU I also noticed that when I turn the truck or HU off it shuts down the IPOD and it begins to charge. Now if I hit the seek button it will turn the IPOD back on to the song it was at but it will not automatically start playing, I have to push play manually on the IPOD, is this correct as well?

If its not one thing its another!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

Ok guys, it looks like the adapter I got doesnt have the ground so Fast4popper told me to just hook it up with the yellow and see what happens. Now I have a few questions and some issues once again. I hooked it up and at first it didn't do anything. I checked my wires and made sure nothing got pulled apart or pinched putting it back in. With the HU out I checked it again and it worked so i buttoned it all up and then tried again with nothing. I have pulled my HU out 4 times to double check everything and everything is nice and snug and also tucked away good. If I plug the piece into the IPOD my IPOD will light up as it recognizes it being plugged in but then I still don't get anything. How do you get the ipod to play through the HU? You use the cd/aux correct?

Also when the IPOD was working for the short time through the HU I also noticed that when I turn the truck or HU off it shuts down the IPOD and it begins to charge. Now if I hit the seek button it will turn the IPOD back on to the song it was at but it will not automatically start playing, I have to push play manually on the IPOD, is this correct as well?

If its not one thing its another!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm. i will send you another harness just to make sure its not it. but you are right, just hit the aux button to get the ipod to play thru... i dont own an ipod yet so i cant answer most of these questions. i just know how to put them in. i will send it out tomorrow.

sounds good man, I just dont get why it was working for the short time I was testing it and now nothing. Like you said the yellow is only to charge the IPOD so either way it should be playing correct? Hold up on sending out the other one, let me check it over again tomorrow when its light out, maybe something got pulled out when putting it back in again but I doubt it.

I have an old gen 3 ipod and I have to hit play twice to get it to play. The first time it turns the ipod on to the spot it turned off paused and the second time to play. I dont have the harness in my truck just a crappy fm xmtr but it sounds like its doing the same.

• 1 month later...
KILLER write up!! glad its up and running for you. No prob with the phone support. thats why i am here!

again nice job on the write up, if you have any further questions let me know:)

Do you sell these kits? I have a 16 gb Ipod touch...would this kit work? If not/so how much are they?

• 4 months later...

Bump!

I do believe they are now making a new Pac-adapter that will display the track name on the factory deck. Catch is it is twice the money of the one I did the write up on.

These adapters will charge ipods and the I-touch but DOES NOT charge the i-phone.

Bump!

I do believe they are now making a new Pac-adapter that will display the track name on the factory deck. Catch is it is twice the money of the one I did the write up on.

These adapters will charge ipods and the I-touch but DOES NOT charge the i-phone.

i have this unit and should be writing a review soon, model number and how it works. bit tricky to use until you get used to it, will try to do this later today. it does display the the name and title and you do the function of the ipod thru the factory deck.. i have the unit that this write up was done on for sale now with pro-fit holder.. now i do not need the the holder anymore with the new unit.. we are doing a complete system with all integrated parts, tied into the factory deck.. i have sirus,subs plus the ipod/HD radio adaptor. next is using a H2 touchscreen factory radio and having this play video with the peripheral video converter, external dvd player..