Ipod Interface

JF-03-SS

First I would like to shout out and say "Thank You" to Chris, a.k.a. fast4popper. Chris hooked me up with a Peripheral ipod2car interface so I could run a ipod through my factory Bose stereo. He sent it to me ready to install and also helped me with the install over the phone. I did the install on a Bose single cd stereo with XM. Here is what the interface looks like and pics from the install.

Hook up of these 2 interface pieces is simple, just two wire to hook up. One power wire and one ground wire, the rest is just plug and play

Picture279.jpg

Radio is held in by three 7mm socket head screws

Picture280.jpg

Removing radio taking some wiggling to pull the wiring harnesses up and out enough.

Picture281.jpg

Unplug only this harness from back of radio.

Picture282.jpg

Plug in PXHGM3C where factory harness was removed and replug factory harness into piece my hand is on.

Picture283.jpg

Black is ground and goes to Black wire w/ white stripe and yellow power wire will go to large Orange wire

Picture284.jpg

Yellow wire goes to this large orange wire (be careful there is also a small orange wire) Black (ground wire) goes to Black w/ white stripe wire on left corner of harness.

Picture285.jpg

White clip hooks to PXDP

Picture286.jpg

Now test ipod to make sure everything is working.

Picture287.jpg

These three pieces pop out so you can see to fish adaptor through dash.

Picture288.jpg

My ipod is mount on a VSM w/ ipod holder. Now you can enjoy listening to your ipod while you drive.

Picture289.jpg

The mount that I have the ipod on is two different pieces. Here is the link for those that are interested in this option. First link is for the VSM http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/mount.htm (PN# CV-71-99 - $36.95) and the second is the minigrip ipod hold http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/migrip/. (PN# MI-200 $24.95) If you have a bigger ipod, use the migrip.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quick question...with this can you change tracks, etc with the normal stereo controls or steering controls or does this just allow you to use the ipod and play through the stereo?

This is my first time actually seeing something like this is available after market for our trucks so I apologize if its been brought up before. Thanks

Thanks Chris, turned out awesome :cheers::thumbs::flag:

I have a quick question...with this can you change tracks, etc with the normal stereo controls or steering controls or does this just allow you to use the ipod and play through the stereo?

This is my first time actually seeing something like this is available after market for our trucks so I apologize if its been brought up before. Thanks

That is why I did this. Everyone is always asking questions but no real answers. You can adj. volume and change tracks with the steering wheel controls. It DOES NOT display the track title on the stereo.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Thanks Chris, turned out awesome :cheers::thumbs::flag:

That is why I did this. Everyone is always asking questions but no real answers. You can adj. volume and change tracks with the steering wheel controls. It DOES NOT display the track title on the stereo.

Perfect - thanks. I didn't think it would effect the display but I hate having to mess with the ipod itself period

i have the same set up with a non bose head unit i like it better that the other adapter i had but i still have two problames 1 ipod is maybe 20% quiter then fm or cd. 2. has some staic on xm that i left hooked up even though it sad to unhook my kit was called isimple just to be sure were talkin about the same thing thanks for looking at this.

I'm expecting mine from Chris any day now. Only difference is mine is for a 6 disk cd player. Chris assured me that "even I" can install it! Thanks for the write up, it may come in handy for me. :thumbs:

I'd love to do this mod as well.

Please hook me up with the info for the parts.

Thank you.