TUNING KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER KITS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being a business owner, I think going to the source is the best way to resolve most issues.

If someone wants to modify one of our products, they can.  I would like to know why they did and how can I help them in the future to keep them as a customer.

But, remind them that the warrantee is now void, because they altered the original product.

My $.02  :flag:

We (sorry blackhawk for the "French" we,we,we [how else should "we" say it?]) agree with 56chevywagon and gearmup. This is a great and free country. Do whatever you want after the sale, just please don't expect any warranty service if our kit is altered in ANY way, including and ESPECIALLY, the PCM. This is as simple a warranty issue as with any manufacturer. You can compare it easily to any product.

If I take a brand new Sony TV under warranty, and put a Sylvania picture tube in it because I think their electronics are great, but IMO their picture tube sucks, but I'd like Sony to give me a hand with installing the Sylvania tube, or have some warranty work done on this TV I modified, seriously, what do you think their reply to me will be?

I STILL will retain my right if I choose to put the Sylvania picture tube in. Sony or no one else can or will stop me from doing it, just like you all can reserve the right to have your PCMs re-tuned, just do not expect us to condone this or offer support, or stand behind the warranty (just like Sony, or any other manufacturer) if you do. BTW: who do I send my now altered TV to - Sylvania or Sony? One company will most certainly argue that it was the other's "interference" that caused the problem in the first place (or the customer's fault - me, the guy that changed the tube). Where does this now leave you; the customer? It appears to us this should not even be a topic of discussion any further.

The point here (and a very strong one) is why not at least try to stay with the manufacturer? We do want the kit to be the best it can be, and BigTex is right about one thing; our tune is slightly conservative because it has to be. We know how to advance the spark and lean it out to make more power, but this would only cause more support issues and complaints for the small amount of added hp it will attain (not everyone because of octane and winter/summer fuel changes can use the advanced spark and leaner air/fuel mixtures). This varies all about the country and changes at different times of the year. Oxygenated fuels in the winter can cause pinging with the same tune that was created on non-oxygenated fuels from the summer!

We are in the manufacturing business, not the custom tuning business. We'll be the first to admit that (sorry again blackhawk for all the "we's", we must be French). That does not mean we refuse to listen to suggestions or customer complaints. In spite of what some are saying here, our point of view is our customer service does not suck. It certainly may stand some improvement according to what we are seeing here. If anyone called or faxed or emailed and did not get the right answer, then we are sorry for that, and will definitely try to improve upon this. It's forums like this one that really help us get a better handle on it.

Rest assured, it is not an "us against them" attitude taken by Kenne Bell with our customers, like some portray, at least not from our standpoint. It is our sincere hope to turn this around if that is the general consensus.

There is about to be a monster post by us going over some details regarding re-tuning and intercoolers. Give us a little time to prepare it, then it will be posted. Hopefully it may shed some more light on our position regarding these two issues.

Thanks for the opportunity to give our take on them.

I certainly hope that this post about intercooling is telling everyone that you have one coming out very soon and not some excuse why you haven't. I've seen the one you guys make for the '04 Ford F-150 already. Nice looking system. Sad how you've left the GM customer behind. You guys have always tailored to Ford though, so no surprise.

I've seen on other boards where guys have had to make their own, so I know it can't be all that difficult, especially with the group of engineers you have.

Alright Mod's let's close this thread, Kenne Bell has made their point, and I believe they received ours.

On their behalf, I'd like to again point out, I am a Kenne Bell S/C owner and I love it, anyone who has been reading my posts should know by now that I'm trying to have one of the fastest SS's. The choice of a aftermarket Tuner to help tune for my mods, hasn't created ANY problems with my KB S/C. In fact, I'm not aware of any problems do to any kind of Quality issues of the KB S/C. They have a very nice kit that is easy to install and makes good HP gains.

Preston

I certainly hope that this post about intercooling is telling everyone that you have one coming out very soon and not some excuse why you haven't. I've seen the one you guys make for the '04 Ford F-150 already. Nice looking system. Sad how you've left the GM customer behind. You guys have always tailored to Ford though, so no surprise.

I've seen on other boards where guys have had to make their own, so I know it can't be all that difficult, especially with the group of engineers you have.

:withstupid: KB does cater to the Ford group. :shakehead:

Alright Mod's let's close this thread, Kenne Bell has made their point, and I believe they received ours.

On their behalf, I'd like to again point out, I am a Kenne Bell S/C owner and I love it, anyone who has been reading my posts should know by now that I'm trying to have one of the fastest SS's. The choice of a aftermarket Tuner to help tune for my mods, hasn't created ANY problems with my KB S/C. In fact, I'm not aware of any problems do to any kind of Quality issues of the KB S/C. They have a very nice kit that is easy to install and makes good HP gains.

Preston

:withstupid:

I have always heard good things about Kenne Bell blowers. Not trying to bash the product. My question is mainly about the tuning... and whether KB will still warrant their mechanical components if I do my own tuning. I don't think the TV example given by KB is very appropriate. Comparing mechanicals to electronic components is apples and oranges. Nobody is going to buy a TV and try to swap out the picture tube themselves, but lots of people do their own mechanical work (plumbing, electrical, and automotive).

A good example is hardware/software on PC's. People buy and install accessories on PCs all the time. Suppose I go buy a 120GB hard drive to improve the capabilities of my PC. Should the hard drive manufacturer tell me what operating system to run on my PC? I think not! :nono: As long as I can make the PC talk to the hard drive, they will warrantee it to work. Same thing with engine power adders. If I can install a blower and get it spinning and plumbed properly, it shouldn't matter what engine its on or who tunes that engine. The mechanical components should have their own warrantee. If I put on a blower, then program too much spark and blow up my engine, of course its my own stupid fault. :nono: But too much spark shouldn't do anything to the blower, right?

I work with vacuum pumps routinely, and many of our systems have Roots-style blowers backing up the main vacuum pump. ALL of the pump manufacturers we deal with have mechanical specs on their products - and they warrantee them to meet those specs as long as they are used within the designed operating range. They do not tell us how to plumb our vacuum systems or run utilities to their pumps.

Thanks to Kenne Bell for being so responsive to our comments. Again, I have nothing against the company or their product. Just wondering about their warranty policy now that I am considering getting a power adder. Hopefully they will explain in detail in their upcoming post.

cheers

:cheers:

Preston

Preston, I don't think this tread needs to be closed yet. I did notice in reading some of your threads that you seem to give a fair amount of praise to one specific vendor. :jester:

This is the second time someone other than the guy getting flamed has asked for the thread to be locked... :wtf:

I'll sell you my Radix...after you move your KB ;)

This is the second time someone other than the guy getting flamed has asked for the thread to be locked...

I just think its time, to start over with these new comments from KB that didn't start on a negative note! That and one of the reasons for the flaming is me! :jester:

Just my opinion though.....

BTW, I'm keeping the KB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

OFF TOPIC: :crazy:

Blackhawk - Parlez-vous francais? Je le parle beaucoup, mais je ne parle pas bien toute le temps...

whitebowtie,

J'ai pris le français tout par l'école secondaire, mais a oublié la plupart d'il, vous ne pouvez pas dire?

BTW, je sais que nous plaisantons environ ici, ;) donc nous mieux rentre l'anglais..

Le morceau, homey... :cheers:

Archived